Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwdPG7BgL1B/

lupefiasco
Verified

I didn’t know illmatic existed when I got It Was Written. I found out about it later from a promotional poster on my sisters @seerjaco friends dorm room wall at college. When I finally heard it it expanded my lyrical horizons. I still know about 98% of it by heart. Etc etc...it is the epitome of a classic and one of hip hops most elegant offers to the cannon. As much as I admire the album as a whole i must confess that things got really real when that piano dropped in at the beginning of World Is Yours and Nas went into super saiyan mode. My ears perked up and it was over. That formula is present in Tetsuo & Waves and guides my writing process to this day.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Yet not one Nas collaboration in 13 years as an established signed artist??? :lupe: :snoop:

I'm Lupe has asked, but I really think Nas is scared of being upstaged, which is unfortunate....

Why Nas don't collaborate with rappers on his level or better man!?!?! :mjcry:

I'm exaggerating, he has worked with rappers on his level or arguably lyrically better.......but where is Black Thought, Lupe, Pharoahe, Mos Def, Ras Kass collabos. :aicmon:

Last edited: