:lupe:

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
So I've been pondering(for a while) how exclusionary American markets were when its moneyed participants were left to their own devices... and considering how the mantra of 'self interest breeds the best economic out come for all' is countered by more than 200yrs of hard evidence, and been thinking that... maybe the free market is a bad idea.
:mjcry:

At some point during a debate with a few fellow libetards this weekend, I realized most libertarians brush racism aside as incidental or irrelevant to public policy... and that if individuals are the source of racism and race bias, then the institutions they construct will inevitably be conduits for both... creating a huge flaw in our approach.

Its still rolling around in my head, but I think the logic of markets may mask the illogic of racism...
if that makes sense...

:manny:I don't know, I'm still thinking it through., Could just be a moment of weakness.

973oHml.png

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
ZnqQ5.gif

1st that u fuked up gif...:lupe:
2nd.
countered by more than 200yrs of hard evidence

That's what we been sayin.

Also, if racism and bias are a sourced in human then OF COURSE the institutions they create will be a reflection of that, the question then is how do you turn away from that given that all systems are created by humans (outside of natural ones)? The answer... Gubments, more aptly laws to REGULATE systems for the betterment of all.

Humans and economics are like fires, when life wild they will consume quickly until there is nothing left to consume and then die out. The are also similar in that you can regulate and control a fire and that shyt will go on perpetually baring acts of god.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Quoted before possible edit :smugfavre:

So I've been pondering(for a while) how exclusionary American markets were when its moneyed participants were left to their own devices... and considering how the mantra of 'self interest breeds the best economic out come for all' is countered by more than 200yrs of hard evidence, and been thinking that... maybe the free market is a bad idea.

At some point during a debate with a few fellow libetards this weekend, I realized most libertarians brush racism aside as incidental or irrelevant to public policy... and that if individuals are the source of racism and race bias, then the institutions they construct will inevitably be conduits for both... creating a huge flaw in our approach.

Its still rolling around in my head, but I think the logic of markets may mask the illogic of racism...
if that makes sense...

:manny:I don't know, I'm still thinking it through., Could just be a moment of weakness.

973oHml.png

But at the moment, I'm classifying you in the "you need more people" phase. I will really believe your new-found stance once you stop blaming governments for every mistakes there are.

And when you link sources more clearly :lolbron:

Anyway, it's good to doubt your opinions and everybody should do so from time to time. You may still end up being a libertarian but at least it would be a true opinion built through doubts, learnings and debates instead of it being simply a pose. Can only :salute: that.

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
Quoted before possible edit :smugfavre:

But at the moment, I'm classifying you in the "you need more people" phase. I will really believe your new-found stance once you stop blaming governments for every mistakes there are.

And when you link sources more clearly :lolbron:

Anyway, it's good to doubt your opinions and everybody should do so from time to time. You may still end up being a libertarian but at least it would be a true opinion built through doubts, learnings and debates instead of it being simply a pose. Can only :salute: that.

hmmm you know something. It's been a slow board day he might be using this time to create the allusion that he arrived at "Libertarian is the answer" after deep reflection and doubt followed by further analysis.

@DEAD7
Burger-king.gif

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
:whoa:Still thinking it through and :heh:@ the King gif

I'd also like to add that govt. is inevitably a vehicle for racism as well. It isn't free from the pitfalls of private entities, and IMO still represents a much bigger threat along those lines.

... and capitalism =/= the free market :usure: Although I often conflate the two myself.
Capitalism and the blessing that it is, is never in question :smugdraper:

Anyways just thought I'd share.

Last edited:

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
:whoa:Still thinking it through and :heh:@ the King gif

I'd also like to add that govt. is inevitably a vehicle for racism as well. It isn't free from the pitfalls of private entities, and IMO still represents a much bigger threat along those lines.

... and capitalism =/= the free market :usure: Although I often conflate the two myself.
Capitalism and the blessing that it is never in question :smugdraper:

Anyways just thought I'd share.

Well governments are just another system, so yeah they are subject to the same pitfalls as any other man made system. The free market tends to lends itself to people taking advantage of other people, be default and definition they are supposed to do that, it's the regulations the keep the free market system from completely devouring itself.

You'll come around.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps

if that makes sense...

973oHml.png

An intelligent man is always his own harshest critic

And a grown man is able to man up and admit when he could be wrong

Respect on the post regardless of the outcome :salute:

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
ZnqQ5.gif

1st that u fuked up gif...:lupe:
2nd.

That's what we been sayin.

Also, if racism and bias are a sourced in human then OF COURSE the institutions they create will be a reflection of that, the question then is how do you turn away from that given that all systems are created by humans (outside of natural ones)? The answer... Gubments, more aptly laws to REGULATE systems for the betterment of all.

Humans and economics are like fires, when life wild they will consume quickly until there is nothing left to consume and then die out. The are also similar in that you can regulate and control a fire and that shyt will go on perpetually baring acts of god.

Good point.

This also might explain the Conservative lean towards God and religion and the Liberal lean against those ideas in that people that believe in religion believe in a life after death, and if this is true, why not consume and indulge as much as possible in the current life because there is no reason to leave anything behind after "the end" whereas those who don't believe in religion and a life after death are more about longevity and balance because there may not be a life after death and they certainly don't believe there is so they want to maintain what we have in this lifetime... sorry, just kinda stumbling and brainstorming on this...

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis

if that makes sense...

973oHml.png
its not the markets that deal with racism, its the concept of indiviual rights and democracy that deal with racism