Mac Miller - Circles (Discussion Thread)

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
I finally listened to the whole album. Once I got through feeling depressed I really appreciated Mac's musicianship. Jon Brion laced this album perfectly and Mac's vocals were as good as ever. Every song is beautiful. He really was on another level before he passed. It's sad he couldn't realize his full potential because he would've continued to evolve

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I cant get past 'I Can See.'

Got it on repeat.

I generally enjoyed his music starting around 2012 but Mac always had that one track that I would have to rewind dozens of times before moving on. Took me forever to get past 'Come Back To Earth' on the last album. May be in the minority on this but Mac was at his best to me when he just keot it mellow over the production. Just really chill vibes. I hate this brother is gone, man. :snoop: Passed away right when he began to peak.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Finally heard this album and it might be the second Miller album I've ever heard. I listen to everything, that's why I'm just now getting to it in my backlog

As someone who lost a sister the same way, Mac knew something was going on. They always kinda give these signs that they're falling deeper and deeper. It's not a mistake they OD.. They usually trying to get too fukking high, cause they're at the bottom. Every damn song you could hear that pain. And the music was so sad

This is why I mention only hearing one other album. Because I don't know if this was his style the whole time or not. But this was depressing. Great music.. But I had to turn it off at Surf and call it day man. This shyt started making me feel bad

BadBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally heard this album and it might be the second Miller album I've ever heard. I listen to everything, that's why I'm just now getting to it in my backlog

As someone who lost a sister the same way, Mac knew something was going on. They always kinda give these signs that they're falling deeper and deeper. It's not a mistake they OD.. They usually trying to get too fukking high, cause they're at the bottom. Every damn song you could hear that pain. And the music was so sad

This is why I mention only hearing one other album. Because I don't know if this was his style the whole time or not. But this was depressing. Great music.. But I had to turn it off at Surf and call it day man. This shyt started making me feel bad
Should of listened to swimming first.