Madden 2019 edits out Kaepernick's name from song

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Yahoo is now part of Oath

Former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick had his name removed from the lyrics of a song on “Madden 19,” a glaring omission as the ex-49er continues his legal battle against the NFL.

Twitter user “Mr. Changing Lives” caught the edit, and Kaepernick’s girlfriend, Nessa Diab, publicly pondered why it happened.

Kaepernick’s name is omitted from Big Sean’s verse
The song, “Big Bank” by YG featuring 2 Chainz, Big Sean and Nicki Minaj, is one of several songs featured on “Madden 19.” In the song, Big Sean raps the following lyrics:

Feed me to the wolves now I lead the pack and s***
You boys all cap, I’m more Colin Kaepernick

In these words, Big Sean expresses his admiration for Kaepernick as someone who is focused on being true to himself instead of playing up his accomplishments, as explained by genius.com. Furthermore, Kaepernick connects back to the previous line. He led the Nevada Wolf Pack as the starting quarterback from 2007-2010. He holds program records for both passing touchdowns and rushing touchdowns.

ProFootballTalk confirmed that Kaepernick’s name was omitted in an advance copy of the game, just as all the other words deemed too profane for a game rated “E” for everyone.

Kaepernick has a collusion case against the NFL
Kaepernick, 30, believes that several members of the NFL, including commissioner Roger Goodell and various team owners, colluded against him as he tried to find a team willing to sign him. Kaepernick did not play at all in 2017 as he continued to battle against the league. The NFL wants the case closed, but its recent policy of making players stand for the anthem (since delayed) could provide Kaepernick with more ammunition to prove that he was indeed colluded against.

Regardless, it’s strange for EA Sports to remove his name from the song as if it’s some sort of expletive. If his name was going to be an issue, developers simply could have chosen a different song. The game officially releases to the public on August 10.

EA Sports did not immediately respond to an email from Yahoo Sports.

EA and Madden team ain't shyt for this. I hope none of you are buying this game after this blatant disrespect to the realest in the game. :scust:

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
now they apologize cause they know people won't support this move, hope nobody buys this game. let the NFL implode already.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now, I have 2nd thought about cop Madden 19

:patrice:

EA ain't shyt for that