Mahomes vs Hurts TWO BLACK QBS IN THE SUPERBOWL ON BLACK HISTORY MONTH

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
Those of us who have two black parents live our lives drenched in the weight of blackness. For better and worse...

Those of us who have a nonblack parent don't have the same burden on their shoulders in majority of cases, unless you look like J Cole or Obama or something (you look as of you do have two black parents). And many of us who have a nonblack parent assimilate into nonblack culture because it's more beneficial for them...

Point blank, if you have a nonblack parent and aren't culturally black, you're not black. And I'm okay with it, I've lived in 7 states, I've seen biracial blacks who opt for the other side, it is what it is. They aren't my people...

This man's lived experience isn't as a black man. First of all we know he didn't grow up around us. And if he wasn't rocking the faux jheri and had a regular cut, this guy would look like a white man with a slight tan. He ain't got no overt black features...

I don't give a shyt about PR spots on George Floyd or identifying as a black QB in interviews, his LIVED EXPERIENCE on the day to day isn't as a black man. He's not surrounded with black associates who aren't teammates, and he married and had kids with a white woman...

All of this is voluntary, it doesn't bother me. I am bothered when we want to include him and people like him who've gone out of their way to step away from blackness...

I'll celebrate the SB as two black QBs too, because in the context of the NFL it fits, and The League is clearly leaning into the good press on it. But in real life this isn't a black man---->he's a white man who happened to have a black father. This is not a brother, though...
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
This is a great point. I really think folks undersell how far the black qb landscape has come in just the past decade. I also think it's undersold how barren the landscape was for black qbs in the late 00s and how important that 2011-15 era of black quarterbacks was to the current breakout we have now

Cam really jumpstarted everything for the current generation. Around the time he got drafted the only quality 'franchise-caliber' guy was Vick; McNabb was on his last legs and everyone else was pretty much irrelevant. And there was a lot of pressure on him after the failures of Vince Young and JaMarcus Russell (fair or otherwise). If he didn't pull through as the #1 pick (like many were hoping) that might've been a big setback to teams giving brehs a real chance

Luckily Cam blew the doors off his rookie season, and he was backed up by RG3, Wilson and Kaep the next year as all three made the playoffs with Griffin winning rookie of the year and Kaep getting to the Super Bowl. Wilson followed that up by getting to the SB himself in 2013-14 and winning one, then things got capped off when Cam became the first black qb to win MVP outright in 2015. Russell's breakout that same year to prove he was more than a game-manager was big too

Those guys showed a combination of passing and running that was incredible at the time and more importantly, by a young black qb going to the Super Bowl four straight years it made front offices believe that you could win with said talent. No more trying to fit them into being something they're not; instead teams started trying to cater to their strengths (though I personally believe this has had an adverse effect at times with teams stunting some guys development as passers)

Now you have close to a third of the league's starters being black; that was unheard of not even 10 years ago. And it's only going to continue to grow

I find a similar storyline with Doc Rivers. Even though I have my negative views of him as a coach, him being the coach of that 2008 Celtics title team opened the doors for Black coaches in the future. Before then, you had black coaches, outside of a view standouts, vast majority of them were easy to fire if they were on a 10 game losing streak. While you had white coaches given literally 3 years to fukk up until they could right the ship. That 2008 title made an opening to view Black coaches as winners. You had more Black coaches given a chance to lead NBA contenders

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Those of us who have two black parents live our lives drenched in the weight of blackness. For better and worse...

Those of us who have a nonblack parent don't have the same burden on their shoulders in majority of cases, unless you look like J Cole or Obama or something (you look as of you do have two black parents). And many of us who have a nonblack parent assimilate into nonblack culture because it's more beneficial for them...

Point blank, if you have a nonblack parent and aren't culturally black, you're not black. And I'm okay with it, I've lived in 7 states, I've seen biracial blacks who opt for the other side, it is what it is. They aren't my people...

This man's lived experience isn't as a black man. First of all we know he didn't grow up around us. And if he wasn't rocking the faux jheri and had a regular cut, this guy would look like a white man with a slight tan. He ain't got no overt black features...

I don't give a shyt about PR spots on George Floyd or identifying as a black QB in interviews, his LIVED EXPERIENCE on the day to day isn't as a black man. He's not surrounded with black associates who aren't teammates, and he married and had kids with a white woman...

All of this is voluntary, it doesn't bother me. I am bothered when we want to include him and people like him who've gone out of their way to step away from blackness...

I'll celebrate the SB as two black QBs too, because in the context of the NFL it fits, and The League is clearly leaning into the good press on it. But in real life this isn't a black man---->he's a white man who happened to have a black father. This is not a brother, though...
@Soldier what are your thoughts on this post? I know before you said you consider Mahomes black because his father is black.

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
@Soldier what are your thoughts on this post? I know before you said you consider Mahomes black because his father is black.
Genetically black but culturally white.
His father is black, he comes from the seed of a black man, so he’s black. But culturally, he seems to be more in touch with his cac side.

Oh btw even if his wife is white, his kids will be black too. Even if they will likely look like full blood whites, their direct paternal ancestry will still go back to Africa. Their paternal dna will be still be black.

Just like there are black folks with European patrilineal ancestry, there are white folks with African patrilineal ancestry. Mahomes kids will belong in the latter group.

JLova

Veteran
Daps
Amen on all this breh. I said on here in Pats last season at Texas Tech that he reminded me of a mix of Farve and Rodgers. He was mobile, a gunslinger and made Whoodini plays like Farve, but without any of the brain farts that Farve had. Pat also had laser like accuracy and being able to throw off different platforms and angles like Rodgers, but unlike Rodgers didn't have to have his throwing mechanicals completely altered coming out of college.

Once Pat was drafted by Andy Reid I know he was headed for stardom. Cause unlike many of these NFL coaches throughout the leagues history, Reid has had no problem starting black QBs, giving them freedom within and outside of the playbook and letting them throw the ball all over the field with no limitations.

Also give Jalen his flowers. I love it when black players bet on themselves. Whether its pros or college players. Jalen did what Cam Newton and Tavaris Jackson did to make it to the league. They both left situations in college which they would have never gotten a chance to make it to the league as a QB and won in the end.

Just think if Jalen would have stayed at Alabama he would have ever made it to the pros as a QB. If he even made it to the bros he would have been converted to a TE or some other mess as a 6th or 7th round pick. The brotha Jalen bet on himself went to Oklahoma put up stats for one year, made it to the pros, made it as a starter and in two years as a full time starter is in the superbowl as a starting QB. Plus he will either be the MVP or runner up for MVP. And folks had the nerve to tell Jalen he was a fool to leave Alabama and go to Oklahoma....naw sounds like the critics were the fools.

Andy is a national treasure.

Mcnabb, Vick (out of prison), Mahomes, Vince Young. I will have a tear in my eye when he’s inducted into the halll of fame.

JLova

Veteran
Daps
If he rocked the baldy or any of them white boy cuts like a buzz cut, yeah....

Physically he isn't an obviously BLACK man the way Cole and Obama are. Like most lighter folk the hue of his melanin shades and fades in different seasons, different weather, etc, so that's a tell that he has a black parent. But there are times you see him and his skin is pale...

The biggest thing is look at who he surrounds himself with. This "Black man" doesn't have a single business venture or agency where his managers and representatives are mostly black (think about LeBron here). He doesn't live and move in black spaces, culturally he is not one of US. He always has the bail out, "my dad is black" card, but he isn't one of us..

This is on top of him assuredly not living among us, and we know he didn't seek a black woman as a partner...

He has his bailout card but he's not one of us...

:heh: Some a y’all man.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps

:wow:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
I never bothered reading this thread

But I imagine a part of it is smart dumb, e-militancy, contradicting, hotep, smart dumb, E-purity testing babble

"For us with two black parents we..."

Lol you simple ass nikkas really out here adopting Lipstick Alley logic

Sounding like some colorist crybabies females on black twitter :mjlol:

Last edited: