mail order meal prep recommendations? pros/cons?

RicanFury

Come Home With Me
Daps
Reppin
a BRONX Slum by I-87 NORTH
anyone use the mail order meals to help with meal prep? got any recommendations? any local places in the bronx westchester that may be good or better than the big name brands? i find the eating part of working out to be the hardest part. my schedule is not consistent so if i can find an easier way by ordering like factor meals or fuel meals or buying frozen meals i will but would like some recommendations' from experience if possible

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I used butcher box and green chef and had no issues with either. If I was pressed for time, I’d resubscribe.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
A con for me is them shyts don’t be having enough calories and they’re expensive for being so basic. :skip: The services that just give you the ingredients aren’t very flexible and only saved me time grocery shopping (which I actually enjoy); you still gotta cook the shyt, you midas well just get normal groceries delivered). :snoop:

I can’t imagine anyone being so pressed for time they couldn’t bake/broil/crockpot some lean meat ⏸️, steam some rice or quinoa or whatever the fukk y’all be eating, and sauté or steam some vegetables once or twice a week but :hubie: .

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Hello fresh is great and has a lot of variety for pretty good prices. There’s something out there for every type of eater so it’s really about whose menu and price range (plus quality obv) you like.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
A con for me is them shyts don’t be having enough calories and they’re expensive for being so basic. :skip: The services that just give you the ingredients aren’t very flexible and only saved me time grocery shopping (which I actually enjoy); you still gotta cook the shyt, you midas well just get normal groceries delivered). :snoop:

I can’t imagine anyone being so pressed for time they couldn’t bake/broil/crockpot some lean meat ⏸️, steam some rice or quinoa or whatever the fukk y’all be eating, and sauté or steam some vegetables once or twice a week but :hubie: .
The bolded is the truth but if folks can't be bother to do this, they deserve to have their pockets ran :yeshrug:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Semi-Related:

trap101

All Star
Daps

I cook 12 main meals (lunch and dinner), 9 snack meals (ground meat, cod) for 2 snacks in between for six days of the week, chop up enough raw veggies for extra snacking during the week, and get it done in 2.5 - 3 hrs on a Sunday morning. Let's be real the main variety people want is the meat. You can cook your carb serving and veggie servings and have them all the same........................But folks are lazy fucxs...... :francis:

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
I'm interested in how this plays out

6 5 215 and active , I need over 3000 calories a day just to maintain my body weight so I don't believe any of these meal prep services could be my only source of nutrition, but they could help :sas1:

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
I cook 12 main meals (lunch and dinner), 9 snack meals (ground meat, cod) for 2 snacks in between for six days of the week, chop up enough raw veggies for extra snacking during the week, and get it done in 2.5 - 3 hrs on a Sunday morning. Let's be real the main variety people want is the meat. You can cook your carb serving and veggie servings and have them all the same........................But folks are lazy fucxs...... :francis:
Damn :salute:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I really dont buy into how someone doesnt have a few hours out of the week to meal prep their own shyt so they resort to mail ordered food.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
My fiancé has been on Hello Fresh for a minute. Any time I came over and now that we live together, extra protons have to be supplemented into recipes.
:ohhh:

congrats my friend.