Maintenance on the Mercedes-Benz C class

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I found a pre owned dealership in westbury New York that sells luxury cars and they have a program of put $3000 down and drive a 2015 C class for $300 a month for 60 months. At the end of the period you can return the car back or pay the remainder off over another 24 months (it'd be $291 a month for those 24 months). I can't find any rate similar for a 2016 Nissan Maxima (the best I can find is put $6-7000 down to get a rate of $300 a month for 72 months). This sounds like a solid deal if the cars at this place are in good shape and shyt seems to check out so far. Generally, how much more do German cars cost to maintain, because saving $3-4000 on the down payment to get the same monthly rate sounds like a great deal. Keep in mind the C class models they have are around 38-44,000 miles while the Nissans in the tri state area are ranging from 15,000-43,000 miles, and both cars are about $26-27,000 in cost. Would the routine maintenance costs offset the difference in down payment? C class owners share some input.

Edit: got the car fax results and it's been in 2 crashes. Passing on this one.

Last edited:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
That doesn't sound like a deal at all. Pay on a car for 5 years and not keep it or pay on a car for 7? :huhldup:
Ran the numbers and I think it was around $29,000 total for the car if I spent the 7 years paying it at about $300 a month. My concern is that it's a long time to pay for a car and just as important is that the maintenance could be a lot. If I were to get the Nissan I would go with a 72 month finance, which is only a year shorter.

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
Ran the numbers and I think it was around $29,000 total for the car if I spent the 7 years paying it at about $300 a month. My concern is that it's a long time to pay for a car and just as important is that the maintenance could be a lot. If I were to get the Nissan I would go with a 72 month finance, which is only a year shorter.
Look up Edmunds True cost to own, they give an estimate on maintenance & repair costs amongst other factors

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Both "deals" seem trash to me honestly. I wouldn't buy a german outside of warranty and i'm assuming that one doesn't have a factory one with that many miles on it

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Both "deals" seem trash to me honestly. I wouldn't buy a german outside of warranty and i'm assuming that one doesn't have a factory one with that many miles on it
Mercedes warranty expires at 50,000 miles. That's why I'm asking what they tend to cost to maintain and if they're prone to developing problems. The interest rate on that car would be 2-3%, but if I'd have to take it in for repairs frequently and if the parts are that costly, I'd look to avoid it.