Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Receipts of a map of Greater Somalia :lupe:
Somaliweyn3.jpg

Karb

Veteran
Daps
If the Republican candidates of his state meet his needs, then that's cool I guess :yeshrug:

Many people focus on local politics more who sits in the white house.

We got some interesting times ahead of us. Number one priority right now is to rebuild the military so we're not dependent on outside help, rebuild state institutions, build the economy.

What do you guys think about the port deals in Berbera (UAE), Bosaso (Qatar) and Mogadishu (Turkey)?

Anyone got some details on how the revenue will be shared? I hear it's something like 45/55 wrt Mogadishu. Not sure about the others.

It sucks to have to partner up with those countries, but we're kind of desperate IMO. We need investments. Our biggest asset is our strategic location so we are forced to use that as leverage.

If anything, it's probably a good thing that there are more than one country involved. The Emiratis wanted to control all the ports and were pissed that Turkey got Mogadishu :russ:

They were also angling for Bosaso but that looks to be going to the Qataris.

These langaab Arabs even got a military base in Berbera, which is bad news IMO. If they use it to launch strikes against the Iranian backed Houthis, we will be dragged into a conflict we have no business in. :snoop:

They also got a military base in Assab in Eritrea. They want to control the Horn.

Last edited:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
If the Republican candidates of his state meet his needs, then that's cool I guess :yeshrug:

Many people focus on local politics more who sits in the white house.

We got some interesting times ahead of us. Number one priority right now is to rebuild the military so we're not dependent on outside help, rebuild state institutions, build the economy.

What do you guys think about the port deals in Berbera (UAE), Bosaso (Qatar) and Mogadishu (Turkey)?

Anyone got some details on how the revenue will be shared? I hear it's something like 45/55 wrt Mogadishu. Not sure about the others.

It sucks to have to partner up with those countries, but we're kind of desperate IMO. We need investments. Our biggest asset is our strategic location so we are forced to use that as leverage.

If anything, it's probably a good thing that there are more than one country involved. The Emiratis wanted to control all the ports and were pissed that Turkey got Mogadishu :russ:

These langaab Arabs even got a military base in Berbera, which is bad news IMO. If they use it to launch strikes against the Iranian backed Houthis, we will be dragged into a conflict we have no business in. :snoop:

They also got a military base in Assab in Eritrea. They want to control the Horn.

Xamar port with Turk is a good deal. The Turks have invested in actually building stuff and doing work to help improve the livelihoods of people.

The Arabs are useless. They will not invest in developments in Northern Somalia.

The UAE is desperate. They are aggressively trying to diversify with them running out of oil. They want to control regional trade outright and its not going to happen. I'd much rather China and Turkey have access to those ports. Seriously.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Xamar port with Turk is a good deal. The Turks have invested in actually building stuff and doing work to help improve the livelihoods of people.

The Arabs are useless. They will not invest in developments in Northern Somalia.

The UAE is desperate. They are aggressively trying to diversify with them running out of oil. They want to control regional trade outright and its not going to happen. I'd much rather China and Turkey have access to those ports. Seriously.

They are trying to take advantage of our division to make these deals with regional governments. It's going to cause some legal conflicts in the future between States like puntland and the central government.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh