Making a Better Football Fan

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
@DropTopDoc

Why 2 Deep is giving these QBs hell lmao

And why it took long for every ream to do it. These QBs can't do shyt when there are two safeties deep instead of one I guess lol.

Are teams playing a lot of cover 2 man or cover 2 zone?

I know the 2 Deep look was popular in the early 2000s. I think slot receivers changed the game.

Well first things first, defenses/offenses come in cycles very rarely is something brand spanking new

I know there was a transition to positionless D where you had safeties that could line up in the box and play the run and drop back in coverage along with lb’s which happen to be lighter these days( gon are the days of the 250 backer, these boys be 230)

My only logical guess is with advancements in the passing game, ( most teams are going 3 wide with a te that’s not your fathers te, he’s a wr in a bigger frame) you have to keep two safeties back because now you force the qb to have to work to get down the field, not sure if it’s more zone vs man, most teams don’t have the front 7/back 4 to do too much man, now a days it’s more pattern match than anything

and line play as a whole has dropped off, so with smaller linemen on both sides it evens out and you can’t lean on kids like you used to

(Which) is why you see a couple coaches trying to bring the heavy run game back

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
@DropTopDoc

giphy.gif

Need to write these concepts down and forward them to Day's email for a lil 'advanced scouting'

Wtf was Manny doing right here :mindblown:

And 0 said fukk the edge

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
@DropTopDoc

giphy.gif

Need to write these concepts down and forward them to Day's email for a lil 'advanced scouting'

Wtf was Manny doing right here :mindblown:

And 0 said fukk the edge

I’m sure they been watching and keeping tabs on our offense and defense, i do like that wrinkle and i guarantee they building off that look

I’m thinking manny could only allocate so much big guys to one area, because if he put everyone at the los one good block or a missed assignment and the rb is off to the races, (which still happens) but it’s a alignment that forces you to match and spread out, if you put all your resources in the middle then bounce if you spread, then gash the gut, it was a good call to me I’d rather you try to beat me up the guy then out wide

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24

@KidJSoul

You asked a question fam i found the best video to illustrate, and I didn’t have the film to say what i think, but it’s a lot of cutting the field in half and two different defenses with the two different safeties, and cover one with variety

@Trav @skyrunner1

Yeah I first noticed this when Staley was out running it in LA wit Rams(ay) & em before he bombed across the way wit the chargers. Their defense with him had offenses in a blender. Of course it was nice having players like Ramsay & then Donald down there causing havoc inside but that 2-high was a core staple that he got from studying under Fangio. I always was wondering when mfs was gonna start to copy it more and add their own lil twists. All that explosive shyt go out the window, especially with these wet behind then ears and/or over-the-hill QBs who ain't tryna do all that work post-snap.

Poor Tua :francis:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
On the other side, if dem Brownies would've got outta their base and actually ran sum more 2-high, maybe they only get medium cooked and not well-done. Or even give their team a chance :ehh:

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Yeah I first noticed this when Staley was out running it in LA wit Rams(ay) & em before he bombed across the way wit the chargers. Their defense with him had offenses in a blender. Of course it was nice having players like Ramsay & then Donald down there causing havoc inside but that 2-high was a core staple that he got from studying under Fangio. I always was wondering when mfs was gonna start to copy it more and add their own lil twists. All that explosive shyt go out the window, especially with these wet behind then ears and/or over-the-hill QBs who ain't tryna do all that work post-snap.

Poor Tua :francis:

Like i said that had that man in a blender but his limitations made the defense easier

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Like i said that had that man in a blender but his limitations made the defense easier

He potentially needs more time on sum Goff shyt, but problem is, when you bring labeled the next boy genius (similar to McVay/Shanahan who also done had their own share of QB issues), that clock start running in both their head and from the outside to a degree.

McVay even said recently he felt pressure to prove all the press right and burned himself out tryna make sure everything was perfect and needed a more seasoned vet byke there to execute his vision. Question is will McDaniel feed into that same obsession or let Tua grow with him.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
He potentially needs more time on sum Goff shyt, but problem is, when you bring labeled the next boy genius (similar to McVay/Shanahan who also done had their own share of QB issues), that clock start running in both their head and from the outside to a degree.

McVay even said recently he felt pressure to prove all the press right and burned himself out tryna make sure everything was perfect and needed a more seasoned vet byke there to execute his vision. Question is will McDaniel feed into that same obsession or let Tua grow with him.

The nfl stand for not for long so i wouldn’t be surprised if they try to upgrade