Making an App

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
:scust:Btw a staff member told me a couple of weeks back that apparently I have some white parents who would like their kids to participate and don't appreciate not being included:hhh:

Gonna have to move carefully on this one but I'm
covered by of the nature of my research which specifically targets African American black males in 7th and 8th grade, per what's outlined in my research proposal.

I'm not even gonna go there but some people wanna ruin EVERY DAMN THING.

Let us rock SOMETIMES!:stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime:

Geode

All Star
Daps
:scust:Btw a staff member told me a couple of weeks back that apparently I have some white parents who would like their kids to participate and don't appreciate not being included:hhh:

Gonna have to move carefully on this one but I'm
covered by of the nature of my research which specifically targets African American black males in 7th and 8th grade, per what's outlined in my research proposal.

I'm not even gonna go there but some people wanna ruin EVERY DAMN THING.

Let us rock SOMETIMES!:stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime:
I've been involved in a few STEM programs that were supposed to be for students in Title 1 schools and fee-free, and of course here they come helicopter-parenting in on some equity bs.:camby:

Your research sounds awesome. Can't tell if this is psych/social or Ed dissertation, but if you're developing a curriculum for public consumption eventually (or market), I'd definitely adopt.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
I've been involved in a few STEM programs that were supposed to be for students in Title 1 schools and fee-free, and of course here they come helicopter-parenting in on some equity bs.:camby:

Your research sounds awesome. Can't tell if this is psych/social or Ed dissertation, but if you're developing a curriculum for public consumption eventually (or market), I'd definitely adopt.
It's an Ed dissertation! And thanks. Getting school administrators and stakeholders to adopt is the entire point! The whole issue is kids education these days don't really align with reality after school. Back in the day there was a balance of academics and trade skills that prepared children. That model has been hijacked and replaced with death by testing.
It isn't authentic or engaging so they just check out. And I don't blame them. But if we can prove that opportunities like this get kids back in schools and on task then hopefully more schools will see the link between teaching relevant stuff and improved academic and behavioral outcomes.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
you a legend, breh

programmed is ignored by the masses
Thanks! I'm a chick but yeah it is. But the kids are interested in it and it's the wave of the future but most kids never encounter this stuff formally in the their k-12 lives.

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
In school and for commission. Working on a iOS app for this summer. Trying to get use to Swift though.

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
Thanks! I'm a chick but yeah it is. But the kids are interested in it and it's the wave of the future but most kids never encounter this stuff formally in the their k-12 lives.
What one should learn as of today? I am thinking of starting Python.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Just came across this thread via random searching and wanted to see how much further progress was made with the program
We ended up having to scrap the program b/c of politics. I was able to collect baseline data and a little intervention data before we were dismissed from the school.:francis:then covid happened and I’m in the middle of my own research so we never picked it back up. Maybe someday in the future.:mjcry: