Malcolm X film 30th anniversary

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
This shyt was really 3 hours and 22 minutes? I saw it on a 7th grade trip and I don’t remember it Feeling like it was that long.

They should’ve done a proper theatrical re-release for this. The cinemas need something more to bring folks out, some of us older heads would likely support it, and younger folks needs to see something like this in today’s age. Could’ve had Denzel and Spike record a quick introduction to show before the film started.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This shyt was really 3 hours and 22 minutes? I saw it on a 7th grade trip and I don’t remember it Feeling like it was that long.

They should’ve done a proper theatrical re-release for this. The cinemas need something more to bring folks out, some of us older heads would likely support it, and younger folks needs to see something like this in today’s age. Could’ve had Denzel and Spike record a quick introduction to show before the film started.
I'm surprised that Cinemark is not doing an anniversary screening

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Yes including the outro piece and celebs represinting X..it should have been longer but Lee had to scalp down, this was after getting more budget fund donated from his 12 celeb friends..

I have this Book -
il_1588xN.3909828754_6h9l.jpg

It breaks down everything pre and post production plus Lee and The NOI issues with the portroyal of Elijah Muhammad.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I read the book and watch this film every year. A shame Denzel didn't win an Oscar for this one.

Side note, it always bothered me that dikk Gregory had heavy criticisms for both the film and book. He rejects them both as accurate portrayals of Malcolm.
Probably because he knew him personally.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I read the book and watch this film every year. A shame Denzel didn't win an Oscar for this one.

Side note, it always bothered me that dikk Gregory had heavy criticisms for both the film and book. He rejects them both as accurate portrayals of Malcolm.
lol you know damn well Denzel wasn't winning that, Malcolm is too radical for white people. How did Malcom act according to dikk Gregory since he knew him.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I'm going to play film student/geek for a minute

The opening scene is an "homage" to the movie Patton, but it subverts that movie's opening pro-American speech while Malcolm X's opening speech is a harsh critique of white America

Pure genius

Spike Lee in his prime was just :wow: