newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Man Charged With Felony for Letting Go of Balloons - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Man Charged With Felony for Letting Go of Balloons

-jailbasecom.jpg

Man Charged With Felony for Letting Go of BalloonsJohn K. Ross|Feb. 26, 2013 6:15 pm

A 40-year-old man faces felony charges after releasing a dozen heart-shaped, helium-filled balloons to impress his sweetheart. Unluckily for Anthony Brasfield, a Florida Highway Patrol Trooper was also watching.

From the South Florida Sun-Sentinel:

Brasfield was charged with polluting to harm humans, animals, plants, etc. under the Florida Air and Water Pollution Control Act.

Endangered marine turtle species and birds, such as wood storks and brown pelicans, seek refuge in John U. Lloyd State Park, about 1.5 miles east of the motel.

Between 2008 and 2012, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement said there were 21 arrests statewide under the rarely used environmental crime statute. The third-degree felony is punishable by up to five years in prison.

Other third degree felonies include: aggravated assault, repeated drinking and driving, battery on a law enforcement officer, cocaine possession, and failure to return a rental car.

I read somewhere he released 12 ballons, and they are talking about charging him 5 years for each balloon......... :merchant:

I agree releasing balloons is probably not a good look.........but dude's action is the least of environmental :demonic:ness thats out there...this is crazy...:blink:

CouldntBeMeTho

Clarence Pawlicker
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
ya I heard about this. This would make me a felon 10 times over from the age of 9. :snoop:

this is a sign of how fukked things are becoming. I can understand a ticket for littering or something along those lines, but if the cops there dont have anything better to do than stop people for releasing balloons :wtf:

i didnt realize dude was black either, imagine becoming a felon the rest of your life, losing the right to own guns, and vote, all over releasing some balloons trying to impress your girl. :smh:

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
a white person would never be charged with this type of crime. fukkin pigs.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dudes got the :skip: in his mugshot :laff:

but this is a horrible story :scusthov: almost makes me sick. to think of what these fukkin corporations dump into our environment on a daily basis

the mechanic

Greasy philosophy
Daps
Poor guy he was just looking for love and now is getting the wrong kind of loving in county lockup:to:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I can't find any other sources for this story... please stop posting garbage without other sources.. if I see "beforeitsnews.com" as the first thing on the page when I search for the story your thread should be deleted.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Damn it Obama. :why:

EDIT: Pending confirmation. You're not about to Currant me. :umad:

the mechanic

Greasy philosophy
Daps