Man dressed as the Lone RangER defends his right to the use N-word

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
img.jpg

During a live-streamed commission meeting in Walker County, Georgia, on Thursday night, a man named Ray C. Bernpen -- also known as "the Lone Ranger" -- stepped up to speak during the public comment portion of the meeting.

As local media outlet NewsChannel9 reports, Bernpen defended the Confederate flag, saying it wasn't a racist symbol. He also said there's nothing wrong with the N-word. "There is nothing wrong with it...we're colored too," he said.

Bernpen went on to say that white supremacy doesn't exist.

According to NewsChannel9, the commissioners let him rant without reprimanding him or canceling his allotted time.

Video of Bernpen's comments was uploaded to the county's Facebook page, but was later deleted and re-uploaded with Bernpen's comments edited out.

Man dressed as the Lone Ranger defends his right to the use N-word at Georgia county meeting

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Cac got off way too easy.

Ofay dressed in disguise.
Said ****** over and over. They in turn delete the speech...then report about it - that’s some white privilege, but the Cacs too entitled and stupid to believe in it:stopitslime:

saturn7

Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
He's back

:beli:

County meeting goes off the rails as man dressed as the Lone Ranger rants in defense of the N-word

img.jpg

County meeting goes off the rails as man dressed as the Lone Ranger rants in defense of the N-word

A man calling himself the "Lone Ranger" showed up for the second time and, again, used a racial slur in front of the Walker County Commission meeting in Georgia. This time, however, he was asked to leave, News9 reports.

In January, Ray Burnfin showed up to the meeting wearing a cowboy hat and mask and used the public comment period to defend the use of racial slurs and the Confederate flag. He also said the N-word aloud at the meeting.

Burnfin was allowed to get away with it the first time around, with the commissioners explaining the next day that didn't reprimand him out of shock. But this Thursday, as Burnfin took the podium armed with books which he said explain "what racism actually is," adding that the N-word is in the dictionary, commissioners cut him short and told that his time was up.

Cutting Burnfin off was likely due to new rules that say commenters will refrain from "remarks that are lewd, vulgar, obscene or profane."

According to Burnfin's son who spoke to News9, he has a history of mental illness.

saturn7

Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Bonus CAC Coverage

:beli:

Shocking photo emerges of Indiana official in blackface – he says it was inspired by Dave Chapelle

img.jpg

Shocking photo emerges of Indiana official in blackface – he says it was inspired by Dave ChapelleShocking photo emerges of Indiana official in blackface – he says it was inspired by Dave Chapelle

A councilman from Merrillville, Indiana, has apologized publicly after past social media posts surfaced showing him in blackface, The Times of Northeast Indiana reports.

"I blame no one else for what happened, it was my decision and a poor one at that. The thing that bothers me the most is, that this is not who I am," Councilman Jeff Minchuk wrote on Facebook. "I never have been or ever will be involved in any type of racism."

The photos, reportedly taken at a 2003 Halloween party, show Minchuk wearing blackface, a wig of black curly hair, and a sweatshirt that says, "Kill Whitey," while he stands next to someone dressed in a KKK outfit. Another photo shows a man dressed as a police officer holding a baton in the air while Minchuk poses with his hands behind his back.

According to Minchuk, the man in the KKK outfit is actually a Black friend who coordinated the costumes with him. He adds that they were reenacting a popular skit from comedian Dave Chappelle's show, which portrays a Black man who is a member of the KKK.

:what:

"We were all in our mid-twenties to early thirties at the time," he wrote on Facebook. "After having a conversation with one of my good friends about the show, we had the idea to attend a Halloween party and dress up as characters based on the show. My good friend, who is African American, went as the Black white supremacist and I went as the opposite. We thought that switching races for the party would be comedic, just like the show's skit. We were hoping to show people that, even though this is comedy, that we can all get along no matter what."

"As I got older, I realized that this idea was a poor decision, and I can see how the pictures might be viewed and questioned today," Minchuk continued. "It has come to my attention that these pictures have been circulating with obvious questions. I have no concern as to how they surfaced or who have brought them to light. I am releasing this statement to inform anyone who may have questions about these pictures, of the intent of the party costume, as well as who I am as a person."

Minchuk assured those reading his post that there were "no bad intentions."

"You have my deepest apologies for any confusion this may have caused, and I have certainly learned and grown due to this experience. ... I have to admit, this situation has really been weighing on my mind for a long time, simply because it is not who I am," he wrote.

Merrillville Town Council President Rick Bella said that a meeting will be held next week to decide what action should be taken.