Man skips out on paying tab after woman orders 48 oysters on first date

Nick Street

Rookie
Daps

By Jeanne Moos, CNN
Published: Oct. 19, 2023 at 4:02 PM CDT|Updated: 18 hours ago

ATLANTA (CNN) – First dates can be tricky, but one in Atlanta got downright slimy when a woman slurped down 48 oysters, racking up a massive tab.
The woman posted about the date at Fontaine’s Oyster House on TikTok, saying the man asked her out on a first date just for drinks. But she ended up ordering – and eating – four dozen oysters.
When the fourth platter of a dozen oysters came, “he was looking at me crazy,” Equana Bennett said.
After the oysters and drinks, she also ordered crab cakes and potatoes.

At some point, the man bailed. Bennett said he got up to go to the bathroom and never came back.
She ended up paying the $185 tab and later texted her date, writing, “Running out on a tab is crazyyy.”
He responded, “I offered to take you out for drinks and you ordered all that food,” and also offered to pay her over CashApp for the price of the drinks only.
Most internet commenters were siding with the man, with one writing, “If you eat 48 oysters in a day you are a walrus.”

Another said, “I don’t know if I ever ate 48 of anything… Some skittles.”
Others agreed they would have left, but some said the date shouldn’t have walked out on the bill.
The restaurant’s manager told Rolling Stone that eating 48 oysters is “pretty impressive” but not unheard of.
“She was nice,” manager Kelcey Flanagan told Rolling Stone. “I just hope she’s not getting too much flak.”
Copyright 2023 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved.

Man skips out on paying tab after woman orders 48 oysters on first date

A woman said a man asked her out on a first date just for drinks. But she ended up ordering – and eating – 48 oysters.

By Jeanne Moos, CNN
Published: Oct. 19, 2023 at 4:02 PM CDT|Updated: 18 hours ago
ATLANTA (CNN) – First dates can be tricky, but one in Atlanta got downright slimy when a woman slurped down 48 oysters, racking up a massive tab.

The woman posted about the date at Fontaine’s Oyster House on TikTok, saying the man asked her out on a first date just for drinks. But she ended up ordering – and eating – four dozen oysters.

When the fourth platter of a dozen oysters came, “he was looking at me crazy,” Equana Bennett said.

After the oysters and drinks, she also ordered crab cakes and potatoes.

At some point, the man bailed. Bennett said he got up to go to the bathroom and never came back.

She ended up paying the $185 tab and later texted her date, writing, “Running out on a tab is crazyyy.”

He responded, “I offered to take you out for drinks and you ordered all that food,” and also offered to pay her over CashApp for the price of the drinks only.

Most internet commenters were siding with the man, with one writing, “If you eat 48 oysters in a day you are a walrus.”

Another said, “I don’t know if I ever ate 48 of anything… Some skittles.”

Others agreed they would have left, but some said the date shouldn’t have walked out on the bill.

The restaurant’s manager told Rolling Stone that eating 48 oysters is “pretty impressive” but not unheard of.

“She was nice,” manager Kelcey Flanagan told Rolling Stone. “I just hope she’s not getting too much flak.”

Copyright 2023 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
It was confirmed as not having been staged. but regardless this shyt went so viral and gender war related, there is no reason to expect for a thread to have already been made.
It was STAGED!
Bih purposely did it expecting the results so she could post it and go viral!

That's why shyt was recorded!

The fact that most mafukkas don't realize all these shyts like that is pathetic.

There is definitely a reason to think an viral story that didn't just happen has a thread already.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
It was STAGED!
Bih purposely did it expecting the results so she could post it and go viral!

That's why shyt was recorded!

The fact that most mafukkas don't realize all these shyts like that is pathetic.

There is definitely a reason to think an viral story that didn't just happen has a thread already.
fine breh, it was staged

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all heard about Pac in Vegas? Crazy shyt - they saying Suge caught one to the head too. Wonder if Diddy involved :jbhmm:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I heard the Lakers might draft Earvin Johnson, they really need to be looking at Greg Kelser from Michigan State instead. Don't say I told you so.

:dead: @ OP posting the full transcript.