Marc Gasol possibly out for the season w/ a broken foot

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
w/ a broken foot

Memphis Grizzlies center Marc Gasol has been sidelined indefinitely with a broken right foot, the team said in a statement Tuesday.

"Marc is a cornerstone of our franchise, and we are focused on getting him healthy," Grizzlies general manager Chris Wallace said in the release. "Marc will be out indefinitely and a further update will be provided after the All-Star Break."

It is unknown when the injury occurred. Gasol scored 11 points in Monday night's 112-106 loss to the Portland Trail Blazers before leaving late in the first quarter with a right foot injury. He did not return.

Memphis coach Dave Joerger had no immediate update on Gasol's status after the game, saying, "He is just dinged up," before adding, "He's got a problem on one leg. He's got another problem on the other leg."

But an MRI on Tuesday revealed a fracture in Gasol's right foot, the team said.

"It's certainly not great for Marc and his family. I know he's disappointed," Joerger told the Commercial Appeal. "It's bad for our team. This is a tight bunch of dudes. They care about each other. It hurts everybody. Marc is a guy who lays it out there for his teammates and the fans. We're going to fight, scratch and claw."

Gasol has started all 52 games for Memphis this season and is averaging 16.6 points, 7.0 rebounds, 3.8 assists and 1.35 blocks in 34.4 minutes

His loss is a big blow to the Grizzlies, who currently occupy the fifth seed in the Western Conference at 30-22.

Grizzlies' M. Gasol (broken foot) out indefinitely

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:damn:

Grizzlies center Marc Gasol out indefinitely with broken foot

Grizzlies center Marc Gasol out indefinitely with broken foot

Grizzlies center Marc Gasol has a broken right foot and will be out indefinitely.

Medical tests revealed a mid-foot fracture and the 7-footer could miss the remainder of this season. He has been ruled out indefinitely.

It is unclear exactly when Gasol suffered the injury.

Last Saturday, Gasol and Griz coach Dave Joerger acknowledged that Gasol was playing with an injury. Gasol started Monday night but departed late in the first quarter of the Grizzlies’ 112-106 overtime loss to the Portland Trail Blazers.

Gasol was cleared to play and not at risk to further injure himself.

“It’s certainly not great for Marc and his family. I know he’s disappointed,” Griz coach Dave Joerger said. “It’s bad for our team. This is a tight bunch of dudes. They care about each other. It hurts everybody. Marc is a guy who lays it out there for his teammates and the fans. We’re going to fight, scratch and claw.”

Gasol is averaging 16.6 points, seven rebounds and 1.3 blocked shots per game. He’s appeared in all 52 games for the Griz this season.

“I have some issues, but you have to push through it,” Gasol said last Saturday after a home loss to Dallas. “I’m never going to use not being 100 percent as an excuse. It’s just not me. I’m going to push through it and give whatever I have to my team. That’s how I’ve always been, and that’s how it’s going to be.”

That was Gasol’s heart talking. His foot disagrees.

Memphis plays at Brooklyn on Wednesday night in the Barclays Center.

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
Like I said in the NBA thread, it's time for them to blow it up. Altogether, every single piece with value needs to go. Conley/Jeff/Allen/Zbo/Lee all have some value, get what you can for them and start setting up for the future and look to trade Marc in the summer.

They had a great run though. I'll always love this team for bullying the fukk out of the Clippers. :lolbron:

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's been time.. I feel sorry for grizz fans they need to just tank.

Anyway Courtney Lee please :feedme:

you think hes better than waiters? im down on waiters anymore. for the past couple of months or so when i watch the thunder hes mostly taking shots in the flow
of the offense. i like his ability to handle the ball and get to the basket. hes athletic and strong and doesnt mind bodying up on D.

lee cant dribble for shyt from what i remember and hes no better of a shooter.