Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Idk why they dont just do capcom all stars and throw marvel to the bushes. We really just want the vs system. If marvel/disney is a bytch to work with fukk them.

You can't tell me Riot's characters are more known then Capcom's
They tried with Capcom Fighting Evolution and it was trash. At this point does anyone trust that Capcom will make another good fighting game?

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
They tried with Capcom Fighting Evolution and it was trash. At this point does anyone trust that Capcom will make another good fighting game?

Capcom fighting evolution wasn't a vs game. On top of that it was released at a time where a vs game was already striving.

People WANT a new vs game. Yes we would like it to be marvel vs capcom 4. But if it came down to it we will take a capcom only vs game if it means capcom has direct control over their game and promises long term support/balance changes/dlc. Yes Marvel is more popular then capcom character wise but at the end of the day we love the vs series for it's gameplay. Give us the same engine with only capcom characters?? Yes we'll take that.

And why wouldn't we expect them to make another good fighting game? The only good thing about mvci(the gameplay)is because of capcom. Graphics will only get u so far. It's why DBFZ is getting bashed to hell for the past year. People got over how pretty the game looks and finally understand how shallow a fighter that game actually is.

SFV while it had a very rough launch is a excellent game as of now.

Not to mention Capcom is experiencing a complete renaissance right now. Megaman/Resident Evil/Devil May Cry/Monster Hunter etc all are amazing games and sold beyond their sales projection on top of being well reviewed. Why would we not think that will carry over into whatever fighter they decide to make next?

I saw your post. It wasn't worth commenting on. You saying capcom is better off reviving Rival schools or slam masters and turn that into a vs game instead of using their gigantic catalog of well known characters?? Yea ok.

If darkstalkers ever comes back people want a new darkstalkers. Not a darkstalkers turned vs game.

Last edited:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Capcom fighting evolution wasn't a vs game. On top of that it was released at a time where a vs game was already striving.

People WANT a new vs game. Yes we would like it to be marvel vs capcom 4. But if it came down to it we will take a capcom only vs game if it means capcom has direct control over their game and promises long term support/balance changes/dlc. Yes Marvel is more popular then capcom character wise but at the end of the day we love the vs series for it's gameplay. Give us the same engine with only capcom characters?? Yes we'll take that.

And why wouldn't we expect them to make another good fighting game? The only good thing about mvci(the gameplay)is because of capcom. Graphics will only get u so far. It's why DBFZ is getting bashed to hell for the past year. People got over how pretty the game looks and finally understand how shallow a fighter that game actually is.

SFV while it had a very rough launch is a excellent game as of now.

Not to mention Capcom is experiencing a complete renaissance right now. Megaman/Resident Evil/Devil May Cry/Monster Hunter etc all are amazing games and sold beyond their sales projection on top of being well reviewed. Why would we not think that will carry over into whatever fighter they decide to make next?

I saw your post. It wasn't worth commenting on. You saying capcom is better off reviving Rival schools or slam masters and turn that into a vs game instead of using their gigantic catalog of well known characters?? Yea ok.

If darkstalkers ever comes back people want a new darkstalkers. Not a darkstalkers turned vs game.

Gonna easily dismiss the other two to focus on dark stalkers huh.

Capcom Vs is never coming, no matter how much Max thinks it’s a great idea. For you to easily dismiss my comment shows you know nothing of branding or risks.

Gigantic catalog, maybe you need to check out Capcom’s top 10 selling games of all time.
Dat diversity.:whoo:

CAPCOM | Platinum Titles

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
Capcom Fighting Evolution is a poor example. shyt was a rush job they put out in an attempt to satisfy the fans who were looking forward to the cancelled Capcom All Stars

parallax

Superstar
Daps

Capcom Vs is never coming, no matter how much Max thinks it’s a great idea. For you to easily dismiss my comment shows you know nothing of branding or risks.

Gigantic catalog, maybe you need to check out Capcom’s top 10 selling games of all time.

CAPCOM | Platinum Titles

damn freedom 3 sold that much? thats impressive for a psp game released only in japan

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!

CAPCOM | Platinum Titles

What does their top 10 sales have to do with their catalog of well known characters??

Didn't know there was a new kid Icarus/ice climbers/punch out/f zero/ out. Guess pit/ice climbers/lil mac and capain falcon should be cut from smash bros then??

Hell K rool was one of the biggest additions in ultimate and k rool hasn't been "Relevant" in over 20 years.

A capcom vs game bringing in characters from Dino Crisis(regina) Powerstone(falcon) breath of fire(ryu) Asura's Wrath (Asura) Dr.Wiley(Megaman) Lady(Devil May Cry) etc along with the mainstays is more then enough to sale that game.

Last edited:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
What does their top 10 sales have to do with their catalog of well known characters??

Didn't know there was a new kid Icarus/ice climbers/punch out/f zero/ out. Guess pit/ice climbers/lil mac and capain falcon should be cut from smash bros then??

Hell K rool was one of the biggest additions in ultimate and k rool hasn't been "Relevant" in over 20 years.

A capcom vs game bringing in characters from Dino Crisis(regina) Powerstone(falcon) breath of fire(ryu) Asura's Wrath (Asura) Dr.Wiley(Megaman) Lady(Devil May Cry) etc along with the mainstays is more then enough to sale that game.

So we comparing a billion company to a million dollar company? Nintendo has constantly pumped out the characters in some shape or form where as Captain Commando hasn’t been seen in years.

You’re comparing things in bubble, Nintendo has a reach Capcom can only dream of so that comparison is disingenuous. I can go play any Donkey Kong Country on the Switch right now. Where the hell can I play Powerstone, Rival Schools, or Dino Crisis besides my Dreamcast?

Smash Bros = 56M units sold in 20 years
Street Fighter (Vs series included) = 44M units sold in 30 years

Smash did that in 5 titles, compared to Capcom’s constant rereleases. When Ono literally begged people to buy that Darkstalkers collection to show Capcom there’s a want, nobody’s wallet moved, so why risk devaluing all brands in one fell swoop?

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
So we comparing a billion company to a million dollar company? Nintendo has constantly pumped out the characters in some shape or form where as Captain Commando hasn’t been seen in years.

You’re comparing things in bubble, Nintendo has a reach Capcom can only dream of so that comparison is disingenuous. I can go play any Donkey Kong Country on the Switch right now. Where the hell can I play Powerstone, Rival Schools, or Dino Crisis besides my Dreamcast?

Smash Bros = 56M units sold in 20 years
Street Fighter (Vs series included) = 44M units sold in 30 years

Smash did that in 5 titles, compared to Capcom’s constant rereleases. When Ono literally begged people to buy that Darkstalkers collection to show Capcom there’s a want, nobody’s wallet moved, so why risk devaluing all brands in one fell swoop?

No one is debating which company is bigger.......................... :stopitslime:

Im saying Capcom has a roster of characters they can rely on the same way Nintendo does. Hell capcom is probably second only to nintendo who has such a vast library of original ips.

And im not understanding this whole "Devaluing brand" nonsense. Even with marvel the capcom side was still divided between all of its brands. Both current and past. UMVC3 had phoenix wright viewtiful joe arthur and okami................ They never only relied on street fighter/resident evil and monster hunter(monster hunter didnt even have a character in umvc3)

Darkstalkers is niche. The vs series isn't. The fact that mvci completely bombed and were STILL asking for another vs game proves that.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
No one is debating which company is bigger.......................... :stopitslime:

Im saying Capcom has a roster of characters they can rely on the same way Nintendo does. Hell capcom is probably second only to nintendo who has such a vast library of original ips.

And im not understanding this whole "Devaluing brand" nonsense. Even with marvel the capcom side was still divided between all of its brands. Both current and past. UMVC3 had phoenix wright viewtiful joe arthur and okami................ They never only relied on street fighter/resident evil and monster hunter(monster hunter didnt even have a character in umvc3)

Darkstalkers is niche. The vs series isn't. The fact that mvci completely bombed and were STILL asking for another vs game proves that.

:mindblown:You brought Nintendo in this conversation. You’re literally comparing companies in size and brand. Second only to Nintendo?:skip: Sega, Sony, and Microsoft would like to have a word with you.

Go ask a non gaming friend to identify Amaterasu, Phoenix Wright, or Tron Bonne and tell me they’re up there with Samus, Pikachu, or Link. Hell I bet people know Mila Jovavich from the RE movies better than Chris Redfield.

You’re only looking at this from the lens of nostalgia in terms of your bubble. The Vs series was never a huge seller and only cracked a million in sales with MvC3, just as niche as Darkstalkers. In today’s landscape that’s not enough. The only people wanting this game are stream monsters and Max nut huggers. You really want to prove Capcom characters are successful go play and support TEPPEN. If not you’re just paying lip service.

As for brand value if you don’t understand the value of a brand then this conversation is over.