Marvin Harrison Just WENT INNNN on Terrell Owens!!!

Daps
Well damn!!! Don't ask Marvin if TO should be in the Hall of Fame one day

“The person who was supposed to get in got in, and that was me,” Harrison said. “If he didn’t get in, that’s his problem. He can talk all that other bulls--- like he’s been doing. That’s on him. But I’m in. My jacket is gold. I will look in the rear view for nobody."

“So he can get his ass in whenever he gets in ... if he gets in. If he doesn't get in, too bad. The hell with him.”

Marvin Harrison rips Terrell Owens: 'My jacket is gold'
Zak Keefer, zak.keefer@indystar.com 4:20 p.m. EST March 3, 2016

So, Marvin Harrison, tell us how you really feel.

The greatest receiver in Indianapolis Colts history, and a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Class of 2016, lit into Terrell Owens this week, lambasting the talented-yet-controversial Hall of Fame candidate whom Harrison beat out for a spot in this year’s class.

Harrison, the normally-stoic, soft-spoken receiver who rarely spoke to the media and let his play do the talking for 13 spectacular seasons in Indianapolis, made his feelings on the topic abundantly clear during an interview with The Talk of Fame Network. Asked about the potential that the two of them, because they played the same position, would hurt each other’s chances of getting in, Harrison got started.

He didn’t hold back.

“The person who was supposed to get in got in, and that was me,” Harrison said. “If he didn’t get in, that’s his problem. He can talk all that other bulls--- like he’s been doing. That’s on him. But I’m in. My jacket is gold. I will look in the rear view for nobody.

“So he can get his ass in whenever he gets in ... if he gets in. If he doesn't get in, too bad. The hell with him.”

Well then.

Harrison was likely referring to Owens’ complaints after the Hall of Fame class was announced Super Bowl weekend. It wasn’t all that surprising. Though unquestionably one of the greatest players ever at his position, Owens was a perpetual locker room headache, first in San Francisco, then in Philadelphia, and later in Dallas. Owens also played for Buffalo and Cincinnati.

Harrison was just the opposite. He worked and then he went home. Teammates jokingly called him “Batman,” because he disappeared so often. “Never heard him coming, never heard him going,” former coach Tony Dungy said. Harrison’s touchdown celebration typically consisted of him handing the ball to the referee.

What can’t be questioned: Both were among the best of their era. Owens is sixth all-time in catches, second in receiving yards and third in touchdowns. Harrison is third in catches, fifth in touchdowns and seventh in yards. He earned eight trips to the Pro Bowl to Owens’ six. It was Harrison, and not Owens, selected first-team on the NFL’s All-Decade team for the 2000s.

Owens, though productive at every stop, was also a
Owens, though productive at every stop, was also a nuisance to his team. Here, he celebrates in Dallas by pouring popcorn into his helmet. (Photo: Mike Thomas, AP)
Harrison was twice a finalist for the Hall of Fame (2014, 2015) before earning enough votes from the 46-man panel to make it in this year. Owens came up short in his first year of eligibility. It’s likely he won’t have to wait for long.

But Harrison’s comments this week made it clear: He wasn’t a fan of the circus Owens created. Asked if he believed Owens was a Hall of Famer, Harrison wouldn’t bite.

“If it was up to me, Isaac Bruce, Reggie Wayne ... I can go and list ... Moss ... Randy Moss ... can all get in,” Harrison said. “They got a lot of class with them. If they didn’t get in the same time I got in, they’d have had a better approach about it as opposed to (Owens).

“I’m not worried about nobody in my rearview mirror,” he added. “I’m only worried about the gold jacket, and I have a gold jacket. I’m not worried about gold jackets behind me.”

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
My homeboy just called and told me about it.
@3Rivers @Supercoolmayo
Zack-Morris-Phone-1-580x326.png

Last edited: