Massive Price Hike for Lifesaving Opioid Overdose Antidote Naloxone goes from $690 to $4500

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
Cant say I blame the company. All my local police departments and ambulance services are now carrying this shyt. The company basically has a golden hen that keeps laying golden eggs.
May be attributed to Obama signing the Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act in July providing easier access for the public and equipping law enforcement and emergency teams with naloxone.
Also, Congress introduced another bill for physicians to co-prescribe it for every opioid script they write.
In essence the government mandated the drug for OD prevention.

Adapt Pharmaceuticals along with The Clinton Foundation had a campaign to donate 50K of the nasal drip version, NARCAN, to high schools in need. So all companies aren't super greedy. The FDA needs to approve more versions so others can enter the market.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
NYC has signs all over wanting regular people to walk around with that shyt. fukk outta here

Oh they wanna save their children but the crack epidemic was just say no. fukk these users and keep the price rising. What goes around comes around

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
opioids affect more than just white ppl though.....
they do, but this recent wave and the 'sympathy' is because whites started doing pills, and its garbage

i know enough of these kids to not have any sympathy for them. fukk em

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
they do, but this recent wave and the 'sympathy' is because whites started doing pills, and its garbage

i know enough of these kids to not have any sympathy for them. fukk em
Oh I know what this new outrage is about.

I'm just saying, it's still a real problem regardless. This shyt hits whites blacks browns everyone.

and with dr's and big pharma pushing this shyt hard it's affecting more than just the "typical" poor ppl in the streets.

When ppl are being overprescribed with opioids when all they really need is a fukkin tylenol (acetaminophen, not codeine) it gets ppl hooked on it quick(cuz the pain doesn't offset it). it's creating a NEW epidemic which is expanding on the previous one.

There is real physical dependence with opioids that is really serious. which just makes this even worse.

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
DAT WHITE ON WHITE DRUG EPIDEMIC....:mjlol:

Oh they wanna save their children but the crack epidemic was just say no. fukk these users and keep the price rising. What goes around comes around

Don't forget our young brehs with the double cups of dirty Fanta laced with codeine or oxycodone aka Hip hop's heroine. Couple that with crippling unemployment rates. The crack epidemic disproportionately affected Blacks because of legal bias, poverty, and home/family disintegration (inner city was already shyt; Rock-cocaine didn't help). More whites used rock-cocaine than blacks but when there are involved parents(plural), private insurance, and an intact community then addiction doesn't adversely affect you as someone without these insulations.

The price increases will hurt brehs with addictions the most because black people are generally poor with lower networths than Latino families.

Last edited:

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Yeah we know who the majority of drug users are in this country tho...:mjpls: Keep it 100...
No fukkin doubt bruh.

and it's fukking disgusting that ppl are only starting to care now for selfish reasons.(cuz their kids are being affected) before when they saw white heroin junkiees it didn't really affect them. they were street kids, they were kids that no one gave a fukk about. but naw...now that this heroin epidemic is now in the 'burbs in the form of oxy and percs, they are outraging.

all I'm saying(now and before this latest outrage) is that the opioid epidemic is real. It is serious, and ppl need real help. this war on drugs is a fukking joke.

the real war on drugs should be against big pharma. what they are doing is criminal.

arresting and jailing users is the worst thing that this country can be doing.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
crack was a different story altogether than opioids(heroin and oxy)

cuz back when the crack epidemic was on, the coke epidemic was happening at the same time. and the whole propaganda push on that was to disassociate crack from coke(even though it came from the same place, and did the same...mroe or less)

while crack was in the streets coke was in the penthouse, and high powered ppl tried to make them different, and demonize the streets with crack to make them look better.