Masta Ace - The Falling Season Album Discussion Thread

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
You’ve been in the game for almost 30 years now, and from them you’ve gained a loyal fanbase that looks up to you as an artist and as a person. When you go on tour nowadays and you’re performing in front of a crowd do you still get the same feeling I assume you used to get back when you only started rocking in front of big crowds?

I get the same exhilaration when I’m on stage as I did a decade or more ago. The feeling of taking a club full of people on a journey with me for 60-90 minutes is indescribable! I love touring and performing.

Speaking of going on tour, you just announced a lot of dates in the U.S. next month and you plan to go to Europe in April. Do you find that you get more love doing shows in the States or overseas in Europe?

The level of excitement for my music seems heightened in Europe. I would say the love is equivalent in the states but there is so many MORE people overseas who show that love by coming to the shows.

I ask that because I’ve heard a lot of artists saying they get a lot more love in Europe. If that’s the case for you also, why do you think that is?

In Europe fans have a great deal of appreciation for this music and culture. They love and support indy, underground artists as well as more popular artists. And most importantly they support classic artists!

Over the years, there’s been a countless amount of hip hop artists who are considered legends who fell off when it comes to making good music. I’m not talking about the lack of music, but the quality of their latest project or the one before that.

With you, I’ve never heard one person say that. Between your work with eMC, the MA Doom project and the likes, plenty of people (including me) consider you an artist who has managed to constantly perfect his craft every time you work on something new. Do you constantly push yourself to become better at certain things or does it just happen naturally?

I’m always trying to prove i belong here. I’m fueled by the naysayers and doubters when I step in the studio to record. I’m constantly trying to out do myself with every project.

Since you’re currently working on The Falling Season, I wanted to ask what can we expect when it comes to the album? Will there be multiple producers handling the production or just one producer? And is there any featured artists on the album you can name?

The album features Chuck D, Cormega, AG, Wordsworth and Stricklin as is entirely produced by one person; Kic Beats. It takes you back to my high school.

Before we finish it up, I’d like to ask you about The Leschea Show, a talk show your wife Leschea hosts weekly. I’ve managed to tune in a couple of times recently and I found it pretty interesting. Could you explain to the people out there not familiar with it what they can expect if they tune into the show?

I’m the executive producer of this one hour weekly (Saturdays 11am-12) periscope show hosted by my out-spoken, gregarious and sometimes controversial wife Leschea. Currently Shot in the basement of our home, This ‘pure talk’ radio show is an all encompassing look at the world of entertainment. With the help of her co-host Dan Love, Leschea tackles all the newsworthy, currently relevant stories in Music, Sports, Hollywood, the Blogosphere and Reality TV, giving her uniquely entertaining perspective. It’s definitely worth a watch.

Thanks for spending some time answering these questions, I appreciate your time a lot. Do you have anything to say to the fans that are checking this interview out before you go?

I can’t wait for you all to hear “The Falling Season”…! I’m extremely proud of it.

Masta Ace Speaks On His New Album “The Falling Season” & More In This Exclusive Interview