Matthew McConaughey throws his support behind Trump 'It's time to embrace Trump'

The Fire

way more chemical than political
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
He’s our president. And it’s very dynamic and as divisive of an inauguration and time as we’ve had. At the same time, it’s time for us to embrace and shake hands with this fact and be constructive with him over the next four years… So anyone, even those who may strongly disagree with his principles or things he’s said and done—and that’s another thing, we’ll see what he does compares to what he has said—no matter how much you even disagreed along the way, it’s time to think about how constructive can you be.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/02/entertainment/matthew-mcconaughey-trump/index.html
Matthew McConaughey just wants everyone to be cool with Trump

full

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Liked him in a few roles, I read an NY Times piece a month or so back, it wasn't political but I could tell from it he was a libretarian/conservative 'every man for themselves type' and most of his views would probably be sickening to me... that kind of intellectually dishonest response is very common from the Mcconaughey types to everyday people, it's either ignorance, or they are disguised, and are his supporters, and they want the path of least resistance, and least fallout from their support.

Red flags:

"We have to give him a chance" I forget the name, but it's a logical fallacy as well, it assumes we have another choice.

"What are you going to do about....complain or make a difference in your community" False choice, invalid argument.

Last edited:

benjamin

Veteran
Daps
Actors need to learn how to keep their opinions to themselves..i could care less about trump or any of this political shyt but i always thought it was stupid for actors and musicians to mess up they money by addressing who they support..move in silence and make yo money...fuk around and get ur next film boycotted..