Matthysse: Garcia's team told the WBC that he wont fight me unless Im his mandatory...Im ranked #2!!

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Matthysse Explains Shift From Danny Garcia To WBO Belt
Posted by: Elisinio Castillo on 1/4/2015

By Elisinio Castillo

Junior welterweight contender Lucas Matthysse (36-3, 34KOs) is not going to wait around for a rematch with WBC/WBA champion Danny Garcia. Matthysse wants to avenge the most disappointing defeat of his career. They fought in September 2013, with Garcia winning a twelve round unanimous decision.

Matthysse has since returned and won two contests, including a two round knockout over Roberto Ortiz to capture the WBC silver title at 140-pounds.

Matthysse anticipated that his victory over Ortiz would put back in position to face Garcia. That didn't happen. Instead, Matthysse was told he needed to wait - and the wait could be long.

Because he is ranked in the number one position under the WBO, and the WBO championship is now vacant, Matthysse is now focused on capturing that title.

"In December at the [World Boxing Council] convention, Garcia's team [told the WBC] that he didn't want to fight me until I became the mandatory, so I would have to wait a year or so. I'm number two in the rankings [under the WBC], but it takes time. It is the fight I want but [to sit here and] just wait.....let's go to the other side where we don't have to wait that long and have the chance to fight for a world title," Matthysse told Fox Deportes.

"It was a very sad moment [that night against Garcia], because I lost. I had the eye problem.....it was quite complicated and a difficult fight with only one eye. Hopefully we can have a rematch. I think every athlete dreams about competing against the best."

http://www.boxingscene.com/matthysse-explains-shift-from-danny-garcia-wbo-belt--85965

Explains alot now:ehh:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I ride for Danny like I ride for every local fighter from legends like BHop to up and comers like Jesse Hart but dude is going to have to do something to change the impression that 2014 has created of him to boxing fans.

agreed I went from grudgingly giving him his kudos for the lucas win because lucas did fukk him up and him and his pops admitted to it..to pretty much me thinking he's overrated again and can't box a damn

dude needs to start with lamont..I want a unification

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Matthysse N Herrera should link up N have a movie night together...they can drink wine, eat popcorn, N cry in each others arms while they rewatch Swift beating they asses :mjcry:

#swiftset :demonic:

NO SHOT :brawklol:

:swift:
john-wall-rolling-his-eyes-wizards-suck1.gif

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Herrera vs Matthysse :beli:

Matthysse N all his "robberies"
Herrera N all his "robberies"

Matthysse starts slow, Herrera makes it ugly..Fight ends in a draw N the internet explodes :pachaha:

NO SHOT :smugbiden:
Its not even that nikkas think Danny lost that makes me scratch my head. Its that nikkas dont even see it as close. These same nikkas were up in arms when SRL outboxed Hagler, but Hagler landed the cleaner shots. nikkas talking about you cant be the champ by surviving. Well, I guess that Herrea holding the whole fight is not "surviving."

Why is it that Danny is the only champ that nikkas get mad at for getting the nod in a close fight that couldve went either way.

All this coming from a #Swiftset member that scored the fight a draw twice and a 7-5 victory for herrea once.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Its not even that nikkas think Danny lost that makes me scratch my head. Its that nikkas dont even see it as close. These same nikkas were up in arms when SRL outboxed Hagler, but Hagler landed the cleaner shots. nikkas talking about you cant be the champ by surviving. Well, I guess that Herrea holding the whole fight is not "surviving."

Why is it that Danny is the only champ that nikkas get mad at for getting the nod in a close fight that couldve went either way.

All this coming from a #Swiftset member that scored the fight a draw twice and a 7-5 victory for herrea once.
To let you in on a little history on this forum....i was the only one who said herrera wasn't a pushover and could give danny problems when the fight was announced...i said if danny could drop and stop herrera then danny might have something and not be as 1 D as I thought...i liked the fight because it was something different for danny..damn near the majority of ppl either didn't know who herrera was or they thought he was another bum that Danny would KO...i posted herrera fights and everything...sure enough I was right...that's why I'm like :camby: to whenever choc or anyone tells me that their fight was close.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Breh nikkas round here legit scored it 10-2...9-3....watching the fight N reading the Round by Round in here had me confused like are we watching the same fight?? :mindblown:

nikkas round here legit tried to convince Matthysse fight was a draw or Matthysse coulda won

Swift get No benefit of doubt or love round here or the internet :manny:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
.i posted herrera fights and everything...sure enough I was right...that's why I'm like :camby: to whenever choc or anyone tells me that their fight was close.

That fight was close :manny:

I scored it for Danny but I have no issues with dudes who feel Herrera won. My issue is with dudes crying robbery, close fights aren't robberies. I will say this though from their actions since the fight you would think Herrera was the one who won and Danny was the one who took an L that night.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
All I know is if you want to see a fight where herrera is legit beaten go on YouTube or simbros and watch his fights against Karim or mile high mike and compare that to Danny 's "win"

I feel the same way