Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's supposed to be corny.

kdCxmnO.gif

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I'll just throw this out there:

For those of y'all pulling the "That's the joke", or "He's a heel" card, I think you're missing that the people that seem upset about it are probably very aware of those two things. I think their point was just that the jokes just weren't that good, or that they seem to think breh is capable of being an effective heel without crossing over the heel fukkery line.

Skyjacker

All Star
Daps
A couple questions: Isn't AEW Dark filmed days in advance? and also wouldnt Tony Khan be at the show, to know if that line was acceptable to make air?

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
The price of being mainstream. AEW slowly going to learn that WWE doing alot of PG shyt is just to avoid major headaches. You wanna be mainstream, there's a price. :yeshrug:

And it's funny that AEW started out on some woke shyt, now you got people callin the fans soft. :mjlol: Can't be edgy and mainstream in 2021. :manny: Or at least you have to be clever about it, which corny carnies are not.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
A couple questions: Isn't AEW Dark filmed days in advance? and also wouldnt Tony Khan be at the show, to know if that line was acceptable to make air?

At Daly's Place they filmed Dark & Elevation separately from the Dynamite broadcast. Since being on the road they've been doing Dark/Elevation at the arena the same night as Dynamite. Tony Khan is at the show but probably more involved with the live TNT broadcast than the youtube shows. Weakness they have that hopefully should be fixed is editing out botches from the youtube shows they film in advance at Daly's; for whatever reason some of them are left in the program.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
He's supposed to be corny.

kdCxmnO.gif

I get that, but sometimes you don't execute what you're going for. :yeshrug:

Normally he's good for some cheap little laughs at the expense of other wrestlers (telling Dustin Rhodes he's ugly so he paints his face, stuff like that), but sometimes you swing and miss.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I'll just throw this out there:

For those of y'all pulling the "That's the joke", or "He's a heel" card, I think you're missing that the people that seem upset about it are probably very aware of those two things. I think their point was just that the jokes just weren't that good, or that they seem to think breh is capable of being an effective heel without crossing over the heel fukkery line.

The jokes aren't supposed to be good

THAT'S THE JOKE

He's a delusional heel who THINKS he's a great rapper and who THINKS that he's funny in clever, when really he's lame and isn't funny and can't rap. :gucci:
I get that, but sometimes you don't execute what you're going for. :yeshrug:

Normally he's good for some cheap little laughs at the expense of other wrestlers (telling Dustin Rhodes he's ugly so he paints his face, stuff like that), but sometimes you swing and miss.

He did.

He's supposed to tell bad jokes with bad raps that are supposed to be sophomoric because he's an immature jackass.

Immature jackass who's corny is exactly what the character is supposed to be and that's what those jokes were.

They weren't funny, they weren't clever, they were lame.

You're supposed to hate him for being lame.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
The Acclaimed’s Anthony Bowens worked a singles match at Wednesday’s AEW “Dark: Elevation” tapings in Pittsburgh, with no sight of partner Max Caster.

Bowens wrestled PAC at the tapings, which will air Monday night on YouTube. It’s interesting to note that Bowens came out with a new theme song. You can click here for spoilers from the Elevation tapings.

It was reported earlier this week that Caster was suspended for two months, but AEW has not confirmed the suspension as of this writing. Caster has had heat since his controversial rap that was edited off the Dark 100 episode last week. You can click here for our original report on that rap, which AEW had removed from Twitter via copyright claim. You can click here for Tony Khan’s response the controversy.

The Acclaimed’s match against Hunter Knott and Rosario Grillo was then pulled from this week’s AEW Dark episode, just hours after being announced on social media.

The Acclaimed were also removed from the official AEW tag team rankings this week. They were ranked #3 last week.

We noted before how Caster removed all references to AEW and The Acclaimed from his Twitter and Instagram pages, around the same time the match was removed from this week’s AEW Dark. It’s interesting to note that since then, Caster has been quiet on social media, but this week he started “liking” numerous official WWE tweets. The archive of his “liked” tweets shows that he rarely does this. He also has not liked any official AEW tweets in the same period, which he usually does. Caster has not posted any content since the original controversy from the rap on the 100th episode of Dark.

Furthermore, Aubrey Edwards announced that Bowens will be on an upcoming episode of the AEW Unrestricted podcast. There was no mention of Caster appearing. Edwards invited fans to submit their questions for Bowens, as seen in the tweet below.

She wrote, “We’re excited to have Anthony Bowens (@Bowens_Official), one half of #TheAcclaimed, stopping by the #AEWUnrestricted studio! Throw your questions my way and we’ll ask them on air!”

Bowens has not commented on Caster, the status of their tag team, or last week’s controversy.

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Acclaimed’s Anthony Bowens worked a singles match at Wednesday’s AEW “Dark: Elevation” tapings in Pittsburgh, with no sight of partner Max Caster.

Bowens wrestled PAC at the tapings, which will air Monday night on YouTube. It’s interesting to note that Bowens came out with a new theme song. You can click here for spoilers from the Elevation tapings.

It was reported earlier this week that Caster was suspended for two months, but AEW has not confirmed the suspension as of this writing. Caster has had heat since his controversial rap that was edited off the Dark 100 episode last week. You can click here for our original report on that rap, which AEW had removed from Twitter via copyright claim. You can click here for Tony Khan’s response the controversy.

The Acclaimed’s match against Hunter Knott and Rosario Grillo was then pulled from this week’s AEW Dark episode, just hours after being announced on social media.

The Acclaimed were also removed from the official AEW tag team rankings this week. They were ranked #3 last week.

We noted before how Caster removed all references to AEW and The Acclaimed from his Twitter and Instagram pages, around the same time the match was removed from this week’s AEW Dark. It’s interesting to note that since then, Caster has been quiet on social media, but this week he started “liking” numerous official WWE tweets. The archive of his “liked” tweets shows that he rarely does this. He also has not liked any official AEW tweets in the same period, which he usually does. Caster has not posted any content since the original controversy from the rap on the 100th episode of Dark.

Furthermore, Aubrey Edwards announced that Bowens will be on an upcoming episode of the AEW Unrestricted podcast. There was no mention of Caster appearing. Edwards invited fans to submit their questions for Bowens, as seen in the tweet below.

She wrote, “We’re excited to have Anthony Bowens (@Bowens_Official), one half of #TheAcclaimed, stopping by the #AEWUnrestricted studio! Throw your questions my way and we’ll ask them on air!”

Bowens has not commented on Caster, the status of their tag team, or last week’s controversy.

He's most likely getting a 2-month suspension with pay. I don't have any inside info, but I would believe that's the case. The majority of the people there at the company don't really think that he did anything wrong.

Bowens better do his best to make sure that he stays connected to Caster. Bowens (at least this current version of him) will fail without Caster.

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
Caster is coming off like a little bytch honestly ‍♂️. Taking AEW off his social media might be them asking him to do so but liking WWE posting is just being petty. People should be able to see a difference between a business man and a worker. If I'm Khan I'm not dieing on the hill for this guy over this. Khan has to run a business and Caster being petty like this is only going to hurt himself and pushing AEW to probably let him go and he will be in the indies cause WWE not gona pick his ass up no matter how good he is. If I was him I would eat this 2 months suspension and like someone said he's probably getting paid for it and shut the fuxk up. If you guys have seen his stuff on social media he comes off like a Trumper so he probably feels the need to talk his shyt and don't like the idea of being censored.

Bowen I think is most likely going to be stuck on the YouTube shows. The man can't speak on the mic and is boring. He really got fukked with this one.

mattw1313

Superstar
Daps
The jokes aren't supposed to be good

THAT'S THE JOKE

He's a delusional heel who THINKS he's a great rapper and who THINKS that he's funny in clever, when really he's lame and isn't funny and can't rap. :gucci:

He did.

He's supposed to tell bad jokes with bad raps that are supposed to be sophomoric because he's an immature jackass.

Immature jackass who's corny is exactly what the character is supposed to be and that's what those jokes were.

They weren't funny, they weren't clever, they were lame.

You're supposed to hate him for being lame.

this is a great description of a terrible gimmick that's too overthought and has too many layers