Mayor Eric Adams has fearmongered to New Yorkers about crime and the subways despite knowing this is one of the safest cities in the country and now..

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
She's grilling him but really about what. She seems more like shes performing. Like a gotcha about a non issue. An Increased police presence as a result of crime on the subway.

Cops aren't enforcing as many laws as they were before the defund the police movement. The migrant crisis has drained nycs funds and cuts were made to public safety. These are democratic initiatives.

Petty criminals get caught and are released quickly due to cashless bail which Olu defends. Democrat initiative. The stats do not match what is actually happening. Acts that used to be crimes are no longer arrestable offenses. Democrat initiative.

When criminals know they can get away with something in a certain area that area becomes a watering hole for crime or just obnoxious behavior. If this area intersects with common folks (working class/seniors/children) they want to feel protected by the City.

Is she riding the subway in these hotspots. She needs to really see what they're seeing managing crime Ina City with as many people as new York. It's got to be a nightmare
Right. it’s weird.

Like, are we talking about bail reform or police presence?

And stop and frisk is wrong, we all agree. So why are cops stopping people suspected of crime? Is it possible white kids aren’t seen toting hammers or around open and obvious street crime? Is that parity?

This is the problem with some of this police discourse. When shyt goes wrong or people die, Olayemi isn’t at police funerals and no one calls her to respond with lights and sirens to a violent assault.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Eric Adams is a (potentially corrupt) clout chasing clown, but how do you even manage to look an activist anti-cop lawyer look even more insane? :mindblown:

Even AOC herself wouldn’t be caught dead saying some of the stuff Olay was saying :gucci:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Right. it’s weird.

Like, are we talking about bail reform or police presence?

And stop and frisk is wrong, we all agree. So why are cops stopping people suspected of crime? Is it possible white kids aren’t seen toting hammers or around open and obvious street crime? Is that parity?

This is the problem with some of this police discourse. When shyt goes wrong or people die, Olayemi isn’t at police funerals and no one calls her to respond with lights and sirens to a violent assault.
I think Olu is to close to the streets on a personal level. Like she probably fukks street dudes. Her response to the people asking the mayor for more support on the subway and the rookie cop who got killed is basically,

it's not that big of a deal look at the stats, I don't care.

There isn't even stop and frisk in NYC right now. Adam's believes if there's a complaint about someone , at that point they will be stopped and questioned and depending on the complaint that may escalate.

Attitudes like this are not pro black. This is crime simping.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/2
31 people have died awaiting trial at Rikers since Eric Adams became mayor. If you’re wondering why you didn’t hear about it—that’s intentional—Eric Adams administration ended the policy of informing the public of the deaths.

2/2
Here's my full interview with Spectrum NY1 for those who want it

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196

1/3
Eric Adams can’t have it both ways. NYC can’t be the safest big city where crime barely happens AND also need thousands more officers because crime is out of control. He also can’t blame the media for sensationalizing and fearmongering about crime if he’s doing it himself.

2/3

3/3
lol he spoke for the vast majority of the interview

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

1/2
31 people have died awaiting trial at Rikers since Eric Adams became mayor. If you’re wondering why you didn’t hear about it—that’s intentional—Eric Adams administration ended the policy of informing the public of the deaths.

2/2

1/3
Eric Adams can’t have it both ways. NYC can’t be the safest big city where crime barely happens AND also need thousands more officers because crime is out of control. He also can’t blame the media for sensationalizing and fearmongering about crime if he’s doing it himself.

2/3

3/3
lol he spoke for the vast majority of the interview

We protect the public not the goons. Does she realize how difficult it is to get arrested in new york city right now with bail reform. They are giving summons to people who go in stores trash everything and steal.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
We protect the public not the goons. Does she realize how difficult it is to get arrested in new york city right now with bail reform. They are giving summons to people who go in stores trash everything and steal.

1/43
With NYC Mayor Eric Adams it feels like we’ve got Donald Trump as Mayor. Every single day another cruel action or policy. Another outrageous, inappropriate act. More harm exacted on those most in need. Nonstop lies. Anxiety.

And worked actively w/ extremist GOP against NY Dems.

2/43
The Briefing: "A striking example of a lie used about bail reform and the exploitation of a minor, a constituent of Mayor Adams, whose story and image are now being shared and misrepresented widely in overtly racist, Willie Horton-style attacks on policy."

3/43
NY Daily News: "Eric Adams has called for changes to the law that would allow judges to be able to consider so-called “dangerousness.” This would create a “Minority Report”-style dystopia of pre-emptive jailing that will not make New Yorkers safer."

4/43
Slate: "Eric Adams 15 page plan doesn’t offer new or serious policy ideas to address violence. Instead, it offers a series of attacks, disguised as proposed amendments, on bail, discovery, and juvenile justice reforms enacted recently in the city."

5/43
Albany Times Union: "Talk about hijacking a tragedy for political gain: Two New York City police officers are shot, and the conversation quickly turns to the entirely irrelevant topic of bail reform."

6/43
The Nation: "Just days after deadly shooting in Harlem, Eric Adams called for more police. Told New Yorkers, “NYPD is our first line of defense against gun violence.”

Adams responded to this tragedy by disregarding the very lessons it contains."

7/43
Eric Adams said don’t worry about the racist impact of judges caging people they *feel are “dangerous.” Why: He’ll look at “data” to see which judges are racist.

Over 90% on Rikers are non-white. Racism is baked into system. His plan will just mean 1000s more caged. Stop.

8/43
After the Manhattan DA announced he’d stop charging transparently false claims of “resisting arrest,” a routine tactic by NYPD to arrest people for no reason &/or cover up excessive use of force, police screamed & Eric Adams pledged 100s millions more to their $11 billion budget.

9/43
A 13 y/o thrown against the hood of a car. Just for crossing the street.

Among the horrors of the notoriously racist & violent "anti-crime unit" that had to be shut down that NYC Mayor Eric Adams proudly brought back. This is what he wants. Shock & awe.

10/43
The anti-crime unit was known for violent and discriminatory tactics against Black and brown New Yorkers. "They would throw people against walls. We have one client who is 13 years old who was thrown against the hood of a car. Just for crossing the street."

11/43
In his first month as NYC Mayor, Eric Adams expanded solitary confinement, called for *even more cops* on subway, weaponized police deaths to try repealing bail reform, reinstated a violent police gang, & threatened 16 y/o's to rat out older "associates" or be prosecuted.

12/43
Remember how he disparaged the people of NY: “My low-skilled workers, my cooks, my dishwashers, my messengers, my shoe-shine people, those who work at Dunkin’ Donuts – they don’t have the academic skills to sit in a corner office,” he said.

13/43
Read back through the above. I've just scratched the surface on all the reasons why the NYC Mayor is not fit for the office. Should be forced to resign.

But that doesn't even include all the horrific things he said and did during his campaign for Mayor. Buckle up:

14/43
Here’s Eric Adams during the campaign advocating for 400:1 student to teacher ratios.

15/43
NYC Mayoral Frontrunner Eric Adams: “With new technology you don’t need school children to be in a school building with a number of teachers. It’s just the opposite. You could have one teacher teach 300-400 students.”

16/43
Here’s Eric Adams during the campaign dismantling a kids’ skateboarding ramp for a photo op.

Note: He thinks this makes him look good. “Law & order.” That’s the perverse thinking of this man.

17/43
Here’s NYC Mayor Eric Adams leaning into criminalizing street art during his campaign.

18/43
Eric Adams says graffiti leads to lawlessness, vows to erase it as NYC mayor Eric Adams says graffiti leads to lawlessness, vows to erase it as NYC mayor

19/43
Eric Adams was endorsed by Rudy Giuliani. Not much more you needed to know. And NYC still voted for him.

20/43
Rudy’s endorsement is like having the queen knight you but using a turd instead of a sword

21/43
On day one of his Mayorship. Eric Adams expanded the torture of solitary confinement on Rikers Island. The violence & torture that killed Kalief Browder. The very announcement was violent. Traumatic. Actively harmful.

22/43
Eric Adams rejected a majority of NYC City Council who wrote urging him NOT to expand solitary confinement. Eric Adams: “I wore a bullet proof vest for 22 years & protected the people of this city. When you do that, then you have the right to question me.”

23/43
PAY ATTENTION: The incoming NYC Mayor just made a brazen statement. *That he’ll ignore advice or expertise on criminal justice policy from anyone if they are not a current or former cop.* Including his own City Council. This is phenomenally dangerous. And grounds for removal. x.com/GloriaPazmino/…

24/43
June 2021. Eric Adams fearmongered over “black & brown babies” being “shot,” & weaponized tragedies while NYC invests a historic $11 billion/yr on policing that clearly is failing to prevent anything. This statement might as well be from Donald Trump.

25/43
July 2021. Eric Adams peddled such brazen lies & fear about judges not caging even more than the 1000s of Black & Brown people they already do, *that the racist, Trump-supporting NYPD union* started retweeting his quotes.

"We have surrendered our city."

26/43
“Our judges are not giving bail on cases where they are allowed to give bail. They’re refusing to use Kendra’s Law on mental health issues,” @ericadamsfornyc said...“We have thrown up our hands, and we have surrendered our city."
https://nydailynews.com/news/politi...0210714-qpjtc5sexnapdgt6rtqozbuh6y-story.html

27/43
June 2021. Over 1/2 of crime survivors don’t call police bc they’re scared of them & know punishment won’t heal trauma. Black & Brown communities care deeply about health & safety. Yet Eric Adams peddles a hyper-policing policy that'll prevent it for them.

28/43
“We have to kill this myth that Black and Brown people don’t want t to be safe,” said @ericadamsfornyc

29/43
Although I feel like I could go on forever, I'm going to start winding down this massive thread of all the horrific things about NYC Mayor Eric Adams. I need to go pick up my son from soccer practice.

But I want to back to where this started. His lies about bail reform.

30/43
As a former public defender, I know how sensationalism, misinformation, political backlash and regressive change has long skewed public perceptions around crime and punishment and driven the United States to become the most policed and incarcerated nation in the world.

31/43
The facts about "reform" are so different from what most people think. We know now for fact that — in the very few places where it exists including NY, LA, & Houston— bail reform has been an extraordinary success for freedom, public health and safety.

32/43
Nearly three years after implementation, the research is clear: bail reform in New York has been a resounding success in upholding public safety, protecting freedom, and saving taxpayer dollars.

Here are some key findings: Justice Not Fear - New York

33/43
Fact: In New York City, nearly 200,000 people have been free from pretrial detention, and 99% of them have not been rearrested for violent felonies. A higher percentage of people returned to court in the first 14 months following bail reform than before.

34/43
Instead of using his platform to undo decades of systemic failure & embrace progressive, PROVEN solutions to substance use, mental health, poverty, housing insecurity NYC Mayor Eric Adams has joined his political opponents.

35/43
Instead of embracing public policy victories like bail reform & explaining to their constituents how they further public health and safety NYC Mayor Eric Adams is in a rightward race to the bottom.

He loathes Freedom. Justice. Fairness. Equality.

36/43
Thanks to NYC Mayor Eric Adams, the transformative impact of reform has already been undermined. Legislative rollbacks & fearmongering, misinformation & lies. People have paid the price. 18 deaths & still two months to go.

And he's far from done lying to you. To all of us.

37/43
We have a collective interest in creating & maintaining safety for everyone. We want to move around freely w/o fear that something will happen to us. I’m a dad raising a 7 y/o son, so every day is a battle to keep him safe — often from his own antics, but you get the point.

38/43
The daily fearmongering that NYC Mayor Eric Adams continues to partake in is not going to lead us to safety.

How is supporting the same things we’ve always done—spending historic billions in failing to prevent crime & hurting people in the process—in our best interests?

39/43
Community safety requires community investment. We should invest in public health, education, food security, housing, employment opportunities, and the tried-and-true interventions that work like violence interruption and restorative justice.

40/43
In a political environment where elected leaders spread falsehoods to win elections, we need *everyone* on the same page. If were serious about wanting to prevent violence & foster safety, we need to follow the facts and look toward real solutions, not invest in failed policies.

41/43
Eric Adams. The failed Mayor of NYC. Who can no longer blame anyone but himself for crime increases in his city. The guy who joined the GOP to lie about bail reform nonstop to push NYC & the state rightward. Now wants to cover his ass & use blame bail reform to do so?

Nope.

42/43
Journalists: Please don't - again - fall for NYC Mayor Eric Adams's garbage. Don't publish his lies. His surmise. His cynicism. Report on the facts about bail reform. Don't even write a headline that says: "Adams blames progressives" or "bail reform." Or at least include "lie."

43/43
If you really want the truth on bail reform in NY, visit The Briefing where NY experts, lawyers, organizers, fact-checkers have been busy fact-checking and writing thoughtful nuanced briefings to respond to all the lies, including predominately those of Eric Adms.

FhPfrv_UUAA2TWi.jpg

FhPf8t-VsAAxgVM.jpg

FhPlZdbVEAA2kOQ.jpg

FhPr5BWVUAEJAhs.jpg

FhPr6sUUoAAPYlc.jpg

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
@bnew
How do you address poverty and mental health in a week when areas of new york city are becoming watering holes for the crimes of the mentally ill and impoverished jackboys?

Since yall love stats so much shootings are down 17 percent and killings are down 12 percent but u wirried about dudes in jail.

Also, are you aware of the mental health and poverty initiatives in new york city?

Last edited: