Mayor Eric Adams: King of NY Official Thread

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

:snoop:
1 million people got tested positive for Covid today. They should bring back the subway cleaning program at least. It’s only a matter of time before it crashes back into NYC

Now imagine if a bioweapon was used on us. We'd be completely fukked.

Would be like the Black Death all over again. Probably lose 50-75% of the population.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

Mayor Adams wants the Big Apple’s financial powerhouses to get back to business — period.

The newly-minted mayor took aim at major investment firms in the city on Monday for ordering their employees to work from home for the time being as COVID-19 infections and hospitalizations continue to swell in New York.

Adams, who was sworn in Saturday, said the resumption of remote work policies at big banks like JPMorgan Chase ripples through the economy and hurts low-wage workers.

“We must get open, and let me tell you why: That accountant from a bank that sits in an office — it’s not only him, it feeds our financial eco system. He goes to the cleaners and get his suits clean, he goes out to the restaurants, he brings in a business traveler, which is 70% of our hotel occupancy,” he said in an appearance on Bloomberg TV.

“You can’t run New York City from home. We must have everyone participate in our financial ecosystem to allow the low-skill, unskilled, and people who are doing hourly employees to actually be part of our eco-system. They can’t remotely do their job.”

Adams’ adamant push for office work came on the heels of Goldman Sachs becoming the latest major financial firm to tell its city-based employees to work from home for the first couple of weeks of January to try to blunt the recent surge in COVID-19 cases driven by the extremely contagious omicron variant.

JPMorgan Chase, CitiBank, Bank of America, Wells Fargo and Morgan Stanley have already instituted similar policies.

The remote work precautions come as New York continues to see its COVID-19 curve trend in the wrong direction.

According to data from the state Health Department, 23.17% of all tests conducted across New York in the 24-hour period ending Monday morning came back positive, with 29,246 infections recorded in the city alone. Hospitalizations are ticking up at an alarming rate as well, and 103 New Yorkers died from COVID-19 statewide in the same reporting window, the highest daily death toll in months, the data showed.

Despite the pandemic resurgence, Adams said the city can’t return to business shutdowns, arguing that widespread of availability of coronavirus vaccines should allow New Yorkers to “live with COVID.”

“I need my companies back open and operating,” he said. “You can’t run a city like New York on 30% occupancy in buildings. We need to get back to business and open our city.”

On the topic of vaccines, Adams said he’s considering mandating booster shots — which have proven highly effective in protecting people against severe COVID-19 symptoms — for the municipal workforce. He said he’ll have an announcement on the matter “around April.”

“But that does not take away from my clear message to New Yorkers: Get your booster shots, get vaccinated,” he said. “You may get COVID with the vaccine, but one thing is for sure: You’re less likely to die and get hospitalized.”

Watch companies that try this, have employees die or permanently handicapped, and create a whole generation of DISABLED people. On top of getting more people sick. Other countries will cease to work with America, and will cause the death rate to skyrocket to well over 2 million.

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
Watch companies that try this, have employees die or permanently handicapped, and create a whole generation of DISABLED people. On top of getting more people sick. Other countries will cease to work with America, and will cause the death rate to skyrocket to well over 2 million.

I see what u did there :leostare:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
506f1db01754881d9eb0ee1365ae95435eb61b19ae74a6a82f89eae35d3c7e4d.png

Meta Reign

I walk the streets like, ''say something, n!gga!''
Daps
Reppin
Franklin ave.
When half a million people are getting infected per week, enough people will have "severe" symptoms that it will overwhelm hospitals. I don't know why you bozos can't comprehend this yet.
Yea but when you make everyone panic by constantly talking about how "infected" the city is, people rush hospitals with what is essentially the common cold.

Why is that so hard to understand? This is a self-perpetuating "pandemic". A panic from the top down.

A very simple solution would be to stop reporting about this thing so hysterically, and let things naturally fall into place for a bit, don't you think??

Meta Reign

Daps
Reppin
Franklin ave.

:snoop:
1 million people got tested positive for Covid today. They should bring back the subway cleaning program at least. It’s only a matter of time before it crashes back into NYC

Many if not all of these places have stopped testing at the hysterical rates we are here in the US.

Meta Reign

Daps
Reppin
Franklin ave.
Low Quality Posting
The answer is literally to stop testing, stop constantly reporting and leave people alone.

Literally how we end the "pandemic".

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Yea but when you make everyone panic by constantly talking about how "infected" the city is, people rush hospitals with what is essentially the common cold.

Why is that so hard to understand? This is a self-perpetuating "pandemic". A panic from the top down.

A very simple solution would be to stop reporting about this thing so hysterically, and let things naturally fall into place for a bit, don't you think??

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The answer is literally to stop testing, stop constantly reporting and leave people alone.

Literally how we end the "pandemic".
This is quite possibly the WORST take I've heard re: Covid and that's crazy considering there were people who thought it was caused because of 5G technology

Meta Reign

Daps
Reppin
Franklin ave.
This is quite possibly the WORST take I've heard re: Covid and that's crazy considering there were people who thought it was caused because of 5G technology
China doesn't report symptom free covid. It seems to be working for them. In fact I think there are many countries that don't report it.

We can drastically lower our rates and lessen hysteria simply by doing this.