Mayweather" What has Africa done for me" - One of the few reasons why he will never be loved

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly, was he expecting the African Union to just call him up and say "Hey Floyd you need anything?". I bet if he went over there they'd be running with him through the streets like they did with Ali back in the day.

He was in Africa last year

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im a huge fan of dude and think he is the best boxer that I have ever seen.....but, I don't think when mayweather leaves he will be loved. Break all the records he wants but he will never reach that level that ali/tyson has because dude does not fight for anything.

Now dude does have a point, what has africa done for him. But can you imagine a tyson/ali saying some ish like that :ehh: I honestly can't brehs. You just don't say stuff like that. It was like damn, this nikka really only fight for the green :ohhh: Black people like mayweather because he is a great boxer, but lets look at pacman dude is loved by his people. I don't know maybe its the lack of charisma or personality etc but something is missing from dude, he's like a robot.

Now you could say who cares about being loved? But Loving and liking can seriously change your legacy. Ali will always be the goat boxer because people love him to death. Tyson will always be his number 2 (even though he shouldn't be) because he was the black kid from the ghetto who destroyed his opponents with pure emotional rage. Pac man will always be seen as mayweathers equal (even though he not) because of the love people have for him.

only just seeing this now. flawed arguments.

my top 10

sugar ray robinson
henry armstrong
harry greb
joe louis
muhammad ali
roberto duran
sugar ray leonard
willie pep
carlos monzon
marvin hagler

tyson was very influential in me even loving boxing but dude is a longs way away from being anywhere near the GOAT. if people put him number 2 all time because of how he made them feel well thats on them, but it doesnt influence me at all.

Ali and Louis are neck and neck for me at heavyweight. i say all this after i have removed my personal felings about the fighters themselves. `Ali was clear number 1 heavyweight at first but the more i knew about cats like Joe Louis Jack jachson in many ways they could be greater. Johnson was waaaaaay more controversial than ali, and Louis had the GOAT Reign of any fighter. if anything, learning more about cats makes me see them more clearly, rather than just going off emotion.

floyd should be judged as a boxer exclusively, not as a morality test.

with all that said, floyd isnt in my top 20 and thats no diss on him, just too many great fighters preceded him to just shove out the way.

one thing i love about floyd is that he pisses off the right people. the sports media hate him? cool, the sports media are phony and intellectualy dishonest as all hell. fans hate him? cool. a lot of them are too entitled and think every fight should be hagler hearns or thrilla in manilla, not realising that those fights are rare and are rare for a reason. most fans act like drunk yahhoos who want to see a bar room brwal from cats who have dedicated their lives to being skillful at a high level.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
only just seeing this now. flawed arguments.

No its not

my top 10

sugar ray robinson
henry armstrong
harry greb
joe louis
muhammad ali
roberto duran
sugar ray leonard
willie pep
carlos monzon
marvin hagler

ok

tyson was very influential in me even loving boxing but dude is a longs way away from being anywhere near the GOAT. if people put him number 2 all time because of how he made them feel well thats on them, but it doesnt influence me at all.

Well thats you. Holyield, lewis, louis, holmes all had better resumes than tyson but none are as popular.

if anything, learning more about cats makes me see them more clearly, rather than just going off emotion.

floyd should be judged as a boxer exclusively, not as a morality test.

with all that said, floyd isnt in my top 20 and thats no diss on him, just too many great fighters preceded him to just shove out the way.

Why do you think its blasphemy for people to even say they are better than ali. It's because of the emotion and love the people have for him. Emotions play a big part in boxing.

I've already said floyd is in my top 10.

one thing i love about floyd is that he pisses off the right people. the sports media hate him? cool, the sports media are phony and intellectualy dishonest as all hell. fans hate him? cool. a lot of them are too entitled and think every fight should be hagler hearns or thrilla in manilla, not realising that those fights are rare and are rare for a reason. most fans act like drunk yahhoos who want to see a bar room brwal from cats who have dedicated their lives to being skillful at a high level.

Some people don't like him because he's a women beater
Some people don't like him because they can't stand to see this black dude be so cocky
And some people don't like him for whatever reason.

As someone who has boxed before, its a pleasure to watch him.

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No its not

ok

Well thats you. Holyield, lewis, louis, holmes all had better resumes than tyson but none are as popular.

Why do you think its blasphemy for people to even say they are better than ali. It's because of the emotion and love the people have for him. Emotions play a big part in boxing.

I've already said floyd is in my top 10.

Some people don't like him because he's a women beater
Some people don't like him because they can't stand to see this black dude be so cocky
And some people don't like him for whatever reason.

As someone who has boxed before, its a pleasure to watch him.

another reason i like floyd is i think he is the first fighter i have seen who looks like he will defeat the shytty exploitation system that is profesional boxing. looks like he is going out without an L, a boat load of money, and the hate of people who wanted to see him lose. hardly anyone gets out of boxing scot free and it looks like he gonna be the first one. only argument people have left is well, "he is not liked” as if that should be seen as some kind of failing. lol, what type of faux moral victory is that? “he is not liked”? by who? entitled fans or shytty sports journalists? good for him.

its a lot of broke and beaten fighters who are liked breh.

and no way is tyson as popular as joe louis. joe louis fought in sold out yankee stadium and was possibly the biggest puncher of all time and a hero to black people in his time and for all time. if the mass public cant see that thats their loss. plus his second fight with schmeling was the most watched/listened to event in the history of broadcasting. how can tyson of HBO and Showtime compete with that?