Media Accolades Directly Costing Players

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Lol at this whining for Klay Thompson.:camby:
If Klay wants those extra millions he can go try his hand as The Man and see if he can hang. That was Kyrie's plan, right? Yall love repeating how Klay has the best job in the league, game is easy for him and never has to deal with criticism when he plays bad. This is the trade off.

Cant have everything.

No one is 'costing' players anything. The Designated Veteran rule aka SuperMax was only introduced recently - players were never able to get 35% of a team's cap before. They got the usual 30% max contract.
This. Curry/Harden/Dame/Kyrie/Kemba/Russ...who is Klay getting in over?
The whole "max contract" idea has finally run its course. It should not be up to Bill Simmons or Mike Breen whether or not a team is able to pay an extra 30 million to a player or not.

They need to just get rid of it. If there is a team wants to give someone 60, 70, 80 million a year, let them do it.
I've been saying this.

MR. Conclusion

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Man you shut up. This isn't even about klay specifically. I made a similar thread last year. It's just the latest example. Media members should not have the power to effect player contracts in anyway.

Post season awards have always had an effect on some contracts. And not just the NBA. But this version of it seems a little skewed. Either way I'm focused on my paper.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not to mention that he flat out wasn’t as good as Kemba and Westbrook’s stats were too guady.

I’m not a fan of the media having all that power because they definitely can affect guys through personal bias...but it doesn’t apply here Klay wasn’t good enough to make the cut

Just came home from a bid breh? Haven’t seen you post in like 5yrs:ohhh:

Yeah I'm back breh.