ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
Hate it had to be you :wow:
LOL. its just nash saying he made the most money *he makes a graph

talks shyt bout the vanilla midgets

dave says nash is an idiot and doesnt know anything

then like 10 people from machi to stone cold to trips saying nash is lowkey wrestling genius

shows how markish meltz is

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nash just did a shoot recently with professional smart mark internet fans Kayfabe Cooentaries. I've only seen the preview, but he said "Never liked Meltzer. How much money did I make vs Him? Enjoy your fukking Sonata! If you knew the business so well, why did you never book a major territory?" Meltzer didn't draw like Nash brother!

I like Nash but those are bad arguments. On the Benoit/Guerrero topic though, I don't think he's wrong. Killed the business is an overstatement, but he wasn't really proven wrong about them as top guys. To your average fan of this sh1t those guys are alright, but not that exciting. The people who started watching when things got hot in 98/99 aren't marking out for those guys like Austin and Goldberg, they barely see a difference between them and D'Lo Brown if you ask them.

Smart marks are still fukking marks. Theyt've just replaced "root with this guy and treat his wins as real because he's the promotion's chosen hero" with "root for this guy's wins and treat them as if they were real because he's the most talented guy or hardest worker FOR REAL, IN REAL LIFE". A true "smart mark" would just care if the show is entertaining or not.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Nash just did a shoot recently with professional smart mark internet fans Kayfabe Cooentaries. I've only seen the preview, but he said "Never liked Meltzer. How much money did I make vs Him? Enjoy your fukking Sonata! If you knew the business so well, why did you never book a major territory?" Meltzer didn't draw like Nash brother!

I like Nash but those are bad arguments. On the Benoit/Guerrero topic though, I don't think he's wrong. Killed the business is an overstatement, but he wasn't really proven wrong about them as top guys. To your average fan of this sh1t those guys are alright, but not that exciting. The people who started watching when things got hot in 98/99 aren't marking out for those guys like Austin and Goldberg, they barely see a difference between them and D'Lo Brown if you ask them.

Smart marks are still fukking marks. Theyt've just replaced "root with this guy and treat his wins as real because he's the promotion's chosen hero" with "root for this guy's wins and treat them as if they were real because he's the most talented guy or hardest worker FOR REAL, IN REAL LIFE". A true "smart mark" would just care if the show is entertaining or not.
Thats the same thing. The most talented guys put on the most entertaining shows.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats the same thing. The most talented guys put on the most entertaining shows.

Yes, and their not having the world title shouldn't effect their ability to be entertaining. If you're not a mark for fake wins and losses and titles, then it should matter little to you if Benoit/Daniel Bryan/Eddie is making Cena and Reigns tap or losing to Darren Young, so long as the storyline they are in is entertaining and they get their 15 min a week to showcase their talent.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Barr

Craziest thing I saw in mg life was the ghetto Spiderman in kindergarten.
When, ghetto Spiderman actually stuck to the window and climbed in the window to our class and was able to stick on glass and climb the walls. Still one of those early holy shyt moments as a kid and he was short but muscular.
To the point I saw the pics of ghetto Spiderman a few weeks ago and I noticed how jacked and lean he was jn this costume back in the late 70's or actually the year of eighty or eighth one
:wtf:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Yes, and their not having the world title shouldn't effect their ability to be entertaining. If you're not a mark for fake wins and losses and titles, then it should matter little to you if Benoit/Daniel Bryan/Eddie is making Cena and Reigns tap or losing to Darren Young, so long as the storyline they are in is entertaining and they get their 15 min a week to showcase their talent.
Storylines where the best performers lose and look stupid to inferior performers, are not entertaining. This isn't complicated.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Storylines where the best performers lose and look stupid to inferior performers, are not entertaining. This isn't complicated.

That doesn't make sense unless you're thinking about things from A who DESERVES what perspective, as a lot of smarks do.

A movie where Gary Oldman or John Turtorros character loses to Keanu Reeves character can be a very entertaining movie. Nothing can be compared exactly to wrestling, but the "he's more talented! Why couldn't the fake character he's playing win the fake feud! Why couldn't he be rewarded!" reasoning is kind of stupid when you step back and analyze it.

Underuse is different. Cesaro not getting any storylines and minimal TV time is a perfectly legitimate complaint if you think he's one of their most talented people.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
That doesn't make sense unless you're thinking about things from A who DESERVES what perspective, as a lot of smarks do.
Its not about who deserves what. Its about an entertaining product. Main event guys get the most screen time, most matches, etc. The most talented and entertaining performers should thus be the ones to carry the show. Not the ones that do the most roids. Not the ones that perform favors for management.

Aside from all of that, it ALSO stands to reason that yes, the most talented guys DESERVE to be presented as such on the show. What's the problem with that? What's the alternative? Guys that can barely move get to pretend like they're the best in legitimate athletic contests? Why?

The muscle fetish shyt makes no sense on any level unless you have a muscle fetish. Period. Not the superhero argument, not the MMA argument, not the kayfabe argument, not the real life argument.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
ayo on that doctor who they had some other shyt.
where you could not look away or they transport you somewhere too.
that was mad crazy to even think about let alone be scared of.
what were those the cybamen or angels or some other shyt.
then they had some other shyt in the air that strips ya flesh from ya bones, too.
way to crazy for a kid to be seeing back then.
back then when shyt was for adults, that shyt was for adults.

doctor who was wigged, but that vinyl soundtrack on the fisher price!!
back in the day was killin and i still got the invisble doctor who mural plate theme song vinyl too.

art barr

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its not about who deserves what. Its about an entertaining product. Main event guys get the most screen time, most matches, etc. The most talented and entertaining performers should thus be the ones to carry the show. Not the ones that do the most roids. Not the ones that perform favors for management.

Aside from all of that, it ALSO stands to reason that yes, the most talented guys DESERVE to be presented as such on the show. What's the problem with that? What's the alternative? Guys that can barely move get to pretend like they're the best in legitimate athletic contests? Why?

The muscle fetish shyt makes no sense on any level unless you have a muscle fetish. Period. Not the superhero argument, not the MMA argument, not the kayfabe argument, not the real life argument.

Guys with the belt getscreen time, but the belt isn't necessary. Nowadays the championship picture is one of multiple storylines that doesnt get much more focus than the others usually. Jericho this year, for example, has not been booked very strong as far as wins and losses and being a serious main eventer, but has still had as much screen time as anyone except for maybe Reigns. When Bryan was with the Wyatts and out of the main event, he was still as much of a focus on the show as just about anyone.

The goal is to make money, and if the audience wants to see a different, less talented, character get the fake wins, then that is the thing to do over "rewarding" the more talented performer with fake wins. When you draw an analogy to TV or movies that idea seems ridiculous.

The viewer in other entertainment that takes things as more than casual entertainment and really appreciates the craft appreciates the most talented performers without demanding they "win" in the fake universe as though the writers are stupid for not doing so.

People don't just see someone like Nash or Sid walking around everyday, and real fighting has weight classes to suggest that bigger guys being champ is realistic. Not that those things are the be all end all, but they matter a little bit, you can't totally ignore them.