Meltzer: WWE Has Filmed New Hulk Hogan Commerials

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Have you guys ever tried to quanitfy what percentage of WWE's audience is black people? It might explain some of these mysteries to you

Black fans have never been an important demo for WWE. They're still a New England company at heart. Their demo has always been white, which is then split within various ethnic groups. Hence Italian Bruno and Irish Backlund (and I guess Hogan, kind of) as the dominant champs of the 60s/70s/early 80s. Then, Latinos/Hispanics have always been their second biggest group, hence Pedro Morales' reign in the 70s, bringing Mil Mascaras to MSG in the 70s/80s, Eddie and Rey as champions, etc.

WWE has rarely even had more than 5 black wrestlers at a time until recently, and they're almost always paired together as teams or feuding. Even if you look at the post ethnic babyface super champ era, the most dominant champions have been...white guys from the New England and Mid West.

Meanwhile, go to any territory below Memphis and see how they pushed black talent, because the black audience was as big or bigger than the white audience in the South. WWE is world wide, but they still haven't grown out of the New England mentality.

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
Black fans have never been an important demo for WWE. They're still a New England company at heart. Their demo has always been white, which is then split within various ethnic groups. Hence Italian Bruno and Irish Backlund (and I guess Hogan, kind of) as the dominant champs of the 60s/70s/early 80s. Then, Latinos/Hispanics have always been their second biggest group, hence Pedro Morales' reign in the 70s, bringing Mil Mascaras to MSG in the 70s/80s, Eddie and Rey as champions, etc.

WWE has rarely even had more than 5 black wrestlers at a time until recently, and they're almost always paired together as teams or feuding. Even if you look at the post ethnic babyface super champ era, the most dominant champions have been...white guys from the New England and Mid West.

Meanwhile, go to any territory below Memphis and see how they pushed black talent, because the black audience was as big or bigger than the white audience in the South. WWE is world wide, but they still haven't grown out of the New England mentality.
That's my point. If your audience is maybe at most 10% black people, why would you be worried about catering to them? White people want to see white people doing things, which is why average rappers like Mac Miller and Macklemore and G-Eazy (who I like a few songs from) flourish more than their counterparts

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
That's my point. If your audience is maybe at most 10% black people, why would you be worried about catering to them? White people want to see white people doing things, which is why average rappers like Mac Miller and Macklemore and G-Eazy (who I like a few songs from) flourish more than their counterparts
Wasn't there a demographics breakdown released a few years ago that showed the Black/AA percentage at 20-25%?

Lucha Vandross

Rhythm & High Spots
Daps
The homie Malcolm is a real one :ufdup: