Memphis workers charged with stealing $600,000 in Madden 17 and NBA2K17 games

gottah8me

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D(M)V
MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- A Binghampton man is being held without bail after police say he stole more than $600,000 in video games from his employer.

Barry Hicks, 28, is charged with theft and conspiracy.

According to the affidavit, Hicks made a deal with co-worker Brandon Hubbard and a third man to take 600 pre-release Madden 17 and NBA2K17 video games from a loading dock at Technicolor's facility on East Holmes Road and sell them.

The games were valued at $1,000 each before they were available to the public.

A police report says the games were found with Marquel Shaw at a McDonald's on Poplar Avenue.

Police say Shaw admitted to selling 58 games and said he got them from Hicks.

Police say the games were wrapped in paper with "writing regarding health screening with the name 'Barry Hicks' written on the bottom."

There were also fingerprints belonging to Hicks found.
:mjlol:

Memphis workers charged with stealing $600,000 in Madden 17 and NBA2K17 games

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
Dumbasses. :smh: A simliar situation happened with the company I work for, they basically found about 6 temps stealing Madden or 2K17. And they all got arrested with a felony charge. :snoop:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Not shocking. With all those distribution centers in Memphis, there's always some clowns who think they will get over until someone in the group gets too greedy and they get caught. Heard way too many stories involving distribution center fukkery in memphis over my career in this industry.

@The_Sheff