Method Man Wants To Play Sports Icon Reggie Jackson In Biopic: 'That Man Was So Much About His People

KingsOfKings

𝔻𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞 𝕄𝕖𝕣𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥
Daps
method-man-wants-to-play-sports-icon-in-biopic-1200x675.jpg

"Method Man has enjoyed huge success as an actor, and he has now revealed one role in particular he would love to play should the opportunity ever present itself.

During an appearance on Carmelo Anthony and The Kid Mero’s 7PM in Brooklyn podcast, the Wu-Tang Clan MC talked about his Hollywood aspirations and singled out baseball legend Reggie Jackson as the person he would most love to portray on the big screen.

“I want to do a biop[ic] of Reggie Jackson,” he said. “Because when I lived in the Bronx, he was king […] Mr. October, man. I mean, he had a hell of a life, hell of a career.

“I watched the documentary about him ’cause I already knew the kind of person he was, but watching that documentary — it opened up a whole new mentality for me.”

In addition to being a 14-time All-Star and five-time World Series champion over his 21 years in Major League Baseball, the Hall of Fame right fielder also helped break the racial barrier in professions sports when he started out in the late 1960s.

Meth continued: “When we look at baseball players, we like, ‘You white’ — it’s just our assumption or ignorance or whatever. But that man was so much about his people.

“Not just about his people but equal opportunities for Black players in a game that’s older than all of us — him included — where we weren’t even invited to the table, let alone felt like we deserved a seat.”

Listen to his comments at the 44:22 mark below:

Similarly, Method Man has also been eyeing a part in one of Hollywood’s leading superhero franchises. The New York City native, who is already well-versed in Marvel’s silver-screen catalog, previously said he’s ready to take on an acting role in one of its most popular branches.

During an interview with CASSIUS last year, Meth finally addressed the widespread speculation of him being cast as Bishop in future X-Men films.

“I was just putting it out there to see if I could hook something,” he admitted. “Those guys at the MCU, they know their stuff. I haven’t had any problems with any of their casting choice so far. So whoever gets the job.”

He added: “I think Omar Sy did an excellent job as Bishop, but that was before MCU. If they chose him again, I think he’d kill it. There’s a few people out there. But if they’re willing to give me a shot, I’d go for it. Plus, I’ve done all the research already.”

The veteran rapper has enjoyed a triumphant run in the film industry. About his approach to the craft, he clarified: “As far as the acting goes, Hip Hop has nothing to do with my acting.”

Method Man Wants To Play Sports Icon In Biopic: 'That Man Was So Much About His People'

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

:mjpls: I REMEMBER WHEN FAT JOE
GOT ON ESPN AND shytTED ON REGGIE
BECAUSE HE DIDNT REP HIS "MARTINEZ" NAME.

:devil:
:evil:

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
As a long time Wu fan, I'd prefer an actor in a role like this. I've never seen Meth stretch too far beyond his normal personna, and that's the problem with most raptors - range is limited.