Miami Heat: Spoelstra prepares for an improved great white hope 70 wins next yr

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
8058206.jpg

When Kelly Olynyk signed with the Miami Heat in July 2017, the team got exactly what they were looking for. The 7-foot tall center left any shyness about the long ball at the front door, and deepened Miami’s front court with defense, post play, and passing.

images

“As soon as Kelly Olynyk became an unrestricted free agent, we pursued him,” team president Pat Riley said in 2017. He added, “At just 26 years old, he fits in perfect with our young core that will play together in their primes.”

i

And fit he did. In 2018, Olynyk became one of the Heat’s nine players averaging at least 10 points per game with 11.5. He ranked third on Miami’s roster in 3-point percentage among those who shot at least 100 on the season.

514882.vresize.350.425.medium.63.png

Olynyk also became a valued member of Miami’s second unit. Often playing alongside Wayne Ellington, the duo led Miami’s bench to a league best 5.5 made 3’s per game, according to NBA.com.

5618.Olynyk%20inside.jpg

As a member of the Heat’s affectionately named Platinum Group, Olynyk improved across the board from his time on the Boston Celtics. According to head coach Erik Spoelstra however, his growth is far from over.

images

“He already is a tremendous worker, very skilled, very well coached over his college and pro careers, that it was really fun to see his growth and his progress this year,” said Spoelstra. “Working with him, I think he has that kind of upside, still, at 26, that he can make another big jump this summer, particularly the way he works. He can come back something different next year.”

But what does that jump entail?

kelly-olynk-tyler-johnson-600x399.jpg

His playmaking perception has already proved to be stellar, best displayed against the Knicks on March 21. Notching a season-high, career-high 10 assists, Olynyk’s spatial awareness led to quick dumpoffs and nutmegs alike.

Without the ball in his hands, Olynyk’s hearty frame plants impenetrable screens – his 167 screen assists were Miami’s third best.

And while his frame isn’t quick to topple, Olynyk also made his presence felt on defense. Leading the team with 15 regular season charges drawn, it’s apparent Olynyk bought plenty of stock in Miami’s game plan.

54C4C1DE-7FDD-96B0-5BD4-C77FDF88AB65_1211212867946_2628000_1280x720_1211216451946.vresize.1200.630.high.1.jpg

“Definitely had the best year of my career, and [will] keep building on that this summer. Hopefully keep expanding my game,” Olynyk told the Sun Sentinel.

imrs.php

Olynyk’s current trajectory for improvement doesn’t have to veer far off course. His skill-set starkly contrasts Bam Adebayo’s and provides Miami diversity at the five.

For every time the Heat need to run small with a Justise Winslow and James Johnson front court, there are just as many opportunities for Olynyk to stretch the floor against lumbering bigs.

8058217.jpg

Still 26-years-old, Olynyk’s biggest improvement will come with more time played. Hitting a wall in Games 3 and 4 of the 2018 playoffs, Olynyk’s presence went missing when Miami needed it most. Olynyk managed just 2-for-6 from the floor in Game 3 for nine points, and played a scoreless nine minutes in Game 4.

1-kelly-olynyk-0.jpg

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
He actually played really well. I was expecting bum ass McRoberts again but he lived up to his contract. As an of the bench PF/C. I definitely do not mind him there. I hope we can trade Whiteside and get Parker and Let Adebayo start.

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He actually played really well. I was expecting bum ass McRoberts again but he lived up to his contract. As an of the bench PF/C. I definitely do not mind him there. I hope we can trade Whiteside and get Parker and Let Adebayo start.
INJURY PRONE PARKER?
:jbhmm:

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
INJURY PRONE PARKER?
:jbhmm:

To me he is our best chance :yeshrug:. He is also only 23 years old. The Bucks want a center in Whiteside mold and Adebayo should only be getting better for us. We are a good team, good enough to make the playoffs, not good enough to beat elite talent in the east that have generational player. By the time we get rid of these contracts Boston and Philly will be dominating the East and who knows the Cavs might still be up there due to having the Brooklyn pick.

Dragic/Richardson/Winslow/Parker/Adebayo..let's rolll.

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To me he is our best chance :yeshrug:. He is also only 23 years old. The Bucks want a center in Whiteside mold and Adebayo should only be getting better for us. We are a good team, good enough to make the playoffs, not good enough to beat elite talent in the east that have generational player. By the time we get rid of these contracts Boston and Philly will be dominating the East and who knows the Cavs might still be up there due to having the Brooklyn pick.

Dragic/Richardson/Winslow/Parker/Adebayo..let's rolll.

WILTSIDE AND GIANNIS
:whoo:

I THINK WHEREVER HE GOES HES GONNA BEAST

SOMETIMES HE'LL HAVE THAT 20 REBOUND 10 BLOCK GAME, AND SPO WILL ONLY PLAY HIM 20 MINUTES AND BENCH HIM,

BRO NEVER GOT A CHANCE TO STAT PAD AND BECOME AN ALLSTAR
:mjcry:

killacal

Banned
Daps
Kelly is canadian... If he was born in the states like mcroberts we would have broke him too :mjlol: