Michael B Jordan: "We don't have any Black mythology or Folklore"

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Sounds like he means we don't have any in the mainstream. Its not that deep :hubie:

I mean folks can change that:manny:. I'm honestly dying to see African lore and etc hit the big screen, rather than this whole superhero "Game of Thrones" knockoff shyt. Times like this I wish there was a Renaissance of black directors and etc to create innovative cinema in a modern day setting. Hell, one of my biggest dreams is somebody to tackle a Woody Allen'ish type of flick with nothing but black actors/actresses without the bullshyt of a all black cast. I mean something like My Dinner with Andre or something with a heavy social commentary with a bit of charm and wit.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Let's ask a more grounded question. What black authors have written any fiction? Mythical or fantasy? Or otherwise?

sophia-stewart.jpg

This woman wrote The Matrix.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
sophia-stewart.jpg

This woman wrote The Matrix.
Octavia Butler
N.K. Jeminsin (used to write DBZ fan fiction when I was in grade school, she's good)

This used to be a huge thing for me. I stopped reading epic fantasy for a LOOOOOOOOONG time because I was tired of hearing about it from European perspective. I was actually going to enter into a Creative Writing program at Univ. of Maryland in another life...

People oftentimes miss how inspirational and influential a powerful mythos is on the collective esteem of an ethnic group...

CrownHeights

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
He made a comment* about there not being any black mythology. So he's wrong. Just because you know people as ignorant as him doesn't make him right.

* It seems that his quote was taken out of context.

I don't think he meant that literally. I think he meant there isn't any in the mainstream that Hollywood would get behind.

Even if he did, can you blame him for not knowing about black mythology in a white dominated society?

Cut bruh some slack.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
But he died doing it :francis:. I always thought of John Henrys story as a precautionary tale.

I think that even though he died he STILL beat the machine it sucked that he did not live but I knew it was gonna happen... It just a tale to show that anything is humanly possible... :ld: I guess:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps