Michael Bay: Sony ‘Had No Faith’ In ‘Bad Boys,’ Claimed ‘Two Black Actors Don’t Sell Overseas’

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
that;s cool, but bay still on my shyt list for those ninja bots :martin: lmao :mjpls:

maxresdefault.jpg

Don't forget the "nikka turtles":mjpls:
maxresdefault.jpg

Wife and I went to see this movie and just straight like:dwillhuh:......:francis:.....:unimpressed:.......:hubie:

Good popcorn flick but yeah:beli:

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
Salute to Tyler Perry for making a studio to bypass all this bullshyt :salute:
Breh Teyler Perry does not distribute films. Think of his studio as a stage the productions are filmed on but another company has to distribute the material get it out to theaters, stores, streaming services ect. They wont let the black man have his own distribution they forcing Tyler Perry to have to go through Lions Gate to distribute all his films, plays, and movies. Distribution is where the real power and money is brehs. Cacs force us to distribute through them cuz without that they are cut out.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Reality

They were scared 2 black men would sell overseas.

How pitiful a movie industry is made on protecting the ego of insecure cacs

And the kicker is the original bad boys was supposed to be two white comedians!!!!:heh: but they dropped out..:mjlol: I think jon lovitz and David spade?!?:laff: thank God they got will and martin and made a legendary movie...

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Breh Teyler Perry does not distribute films. Think of his studio as a stage the productions are filmed on but another company has to distribute the material get it out to theaters, stores, streaming services ect. They wont let the black man have his own distribution they forcing Tyler Perry to have to go through Lions Gate to distribute all his films, plays, and movies. Distribution is where the real power and money is brehs. Cacs force us to distribute through them cuz without that they are cut out.
this man's got it :wow:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
There are black owned manufacturing plants.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
And the kicker is the original bad boys was supposed to be two white comedians!!!!:heh: but they dropped out..:mjlol: I think jon lovitz and David spade?!?:laff: thank God they got will and martin and made a legendary movie...

O:deadmanny:M:deadrose:F:dead:G

Breh that movie would bomb so hard that it would make Waterworld look like Shawshank:mjlol:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've read a few directors try to take credit for what he's trying to take credit for. They all conveniently forget that Eddie Murphy was one the biggest stars in the world, and that Beverly Hills Cop was an action film.

If you note, Murphy's previous films had white stars as co-leads. 48 Hours and Trading Places. He was a big enough star, with box office receipts that he was the solo star in Beverly Hills Cop.

Only his name and image is on the film poster.

Ain't nobody coming to see you , Otis Judge Reinhold

Otis-1.jpg

Good point,but Beverly Hills Cop feels more like a comedy than action movie. I think action movies are expected to do numbers.And they didnt think an ACTION movie with two black actors,would do the numbers its supposed to. BHC being seen as a comedy isnt expected to do the same numbers. But I could be wrong and BHC was viewed as an action movie.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:ohhh:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Those are insignificant, the largest one I could find has revenues of only 25k/month
I don't think you looked to hard but there are probably other reasons like some white owned distribution companies having exclusive deals with certain chains. Meaning you can't get in certain chains without certain cacs. So if they feel a way about your product it's not happening.

One of those byproducts of systemic racism

Another fight for the black man.

Last edited: