Michael Fassbender Doesn’t Know If He’ll Be Back As Magneto In ‘X-Men’ Film

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Mike has bodied that role don't leave:sadcam:
With the direction it's going being attached to it might start being corrosive. Its like Bradley still doing hangover after he became solidified with American sniper, there comes a time when you got to make the call. All through the trailers for this every time I saw magneto I just felt fassbender had outgrown it. He and Mcavoy owned FC, DOFP had that gravitas with new rubbing shoulders with the OGs.

With the cast full of upstarts and the franchise taking a step back creatively, now is the time to head for the exit

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
It's time for a full on reboot after Logan.

Pretty much. And at least get someone on board who bothers to stay a tad more truthful to the material. Fox loves throwing a shytload of mutants into every movie that make no sense being there, or playing the part that they do.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's time for a full on reboot after Logan.
Pretty much. And at least get someone on board who bothers to stay a tad more truthful to the material. Fox loves throwing a shytload of mutants into every movie that make no sense being there, or playing the part that they do.
they need a full on reboot and keep Singer far far away. Probably bring in the Deadpool people

Agreed. I've said it in other threads, they need to make a hard reboot, and either follow the original 5 or adapt Giant Sized X-men #1 with the Claremont/Cockrum lineup. (Well, maybe not Sunfire and Thunderbird).
Bryan Singer's approach was dope for it's time in the early 2000's, before cats would have been ready for movies like the Avengers, Deadpool, etc. Now that the bar has been raised, these black leather jumpsuits, confusing timeline, and their bad habit of throwing nearly every other great character into the bushes just to highlight one or two famous Hollywood actors? That's not gonna cut it anymore.

They need a new director with more passion for the source material. Preferably someone who's actually read the comics (especially the Chris Claremont era from #94-175).

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
After this Assassins Creed debacle (Which he not only starred in, but I believe, also produced and was a major presence behind the entire production), he might need to kill any speculation on coming back for this and just go ahead and confirm....:mjlol:

Yeah...that other franchise doesn't look like it's happening...anyways in regards to Magneto....:mjcry:

Ridiculous how badly they fukked up apocalypse. They almost had a good trilogy.

Singer of all people being the one to let them down....:wow:

You thought he would at least turn in something competent, especially after DoFP, which very well received even with some minor issues.

Apocalypse is SO BAD too....like really, that franchise as a whole is really on the line between being mostly good and mostly bad...and that's giving 1 and 2 a pass on being a little of the times...giving First class a pass for being sort of budgety....giving that second Wolverine solo film a pass..for not being as bad as the first one. Thin fukking ice, and he goes and drops that turd....:pachaha:

If Logan is sub-par, and they reboot after that...Fox will have essentially wasted everyones time for like 15 plus years....

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would be shocked if he's not back. Like I said, word was him and McAvoy signed new contracts. Fox can't lose Fassbender after they are losing Jackman playing Wolverine. I don't even know who or how they are going to recast Wolverine. Jackman was him for 20 years. The bar will be high.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there trying to cut payroll, they should get rid of lawrence instead of fassbender

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
After this Assassins Creed debacle (Which he not only starred in, but I believe, also produced and was a major presence behind the entire production), he might need to kill any speculation on coming back for this and just go ahead and confirm....:mjlol:

Yeah...that other franchise doesn't look like it's happening...anyways in regards to Magneto....:mjcry:

Singer of all people being the one to let them down....:wow:

You thought he would at least turn in something competent, especially after DoFP, which very well received even with some minor issues.

Apocalypse is SO BAD too....like really, that franchise as a whole is really on the line between being mostly good and mostly bad...and that's giving 1 and 2 a pass on being a little of the times...giving First class a pass for being sort of budgety....giving that second Wolverine solo film a pass..for not being as bad as the first one. Thin fukking ice, and he goes and drops that turd....:pachaha:

If Logan is sub-par, and they reboot after that...Fox will have essentially wasted everyones time for like 15 plus years....
agree with everything but the bit in bold, FC did not look cheap it just looked different than what singer does and the franchise was better for it..

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
agree with everything but the bit in bold, FC did not look cheap it just looked different than what singer does and the franchise was better for it..

Don't get me wrong, I do fukks with the movie, I just think it looks bizarrely kitschy in some areas, not always intentional.