Michael Jackson‘s iconic Billie Jean performance first aired on this day 40 years ago.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

On this date in 1983, Michael Jackson’s performance of “Billie Jean” from the Motown 25th anniversary special was televised in the US, introducing 47 million viewers to Michael’s signature Moonwalk dance.

40 years later, and this performance is still untouchable. Rest in peace, goat :rip:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Did they use to regularly replay these performances during prime time?
I vaguely remember watching the Thriller "premiere" but that's would have been impossible given when it came out
Thriller music video was such a big deal that they publicized when it would premiere on different channels. First on MTV and then on the other channels.

And they didn't replay Motown 25. Was heavily promoted, so EVERYBODY watched it when it aired.

Pegasus Jackson

Trump's Amerikkka
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA ZONE 6
Did they use to regularly replay these performances during prime time?
I vaguely remember watching the Thriller "premiere" but that's would have been impossible given when it came out

MJ was literally one of the only artists i ever knew to have his videos debut on national television (not cable). I remember watching Bad and Black and White debut live on NBC or some shyt.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yep. I remember when Black and White and Remember the Time debuted in prime time :wow:
MJ was literally one of the only artists i ever knew to have his videos debut on national television (not cable). I remember watching Bad and Black and White debut live on NBC or some shyt.
Yep, these kids will never understand how everything shut down for an MJ music video debut :wow:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Everything shut down. My entire family was glued to the tv and it’s all we talked about in school the next day. They did the same thing for Remember the Time as well

No Ma’am

Bang, Bang, Bang
Daps
michael-jackson-alfie-fisher.gif

full
: “Real Michael got glitter on his shoes, ho.”