Michael Jordan and Jordan Brand Award $2.3M in New Black Community Commitment Grants

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
MJ always gave back. I went to his Celebrity Golf Classic in Greenville, NC every year in the 90s where all the money went to charity. $8-14 to see MJ and pretty much every big sports and tv star at the time showed up every year to play golf.

s-l500.png

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
MJ always gave back. I went to his Celebrity Golf Classic in Greenville, NC every year in the 90s where all the money went to charity. $8-14 to see MJ and pretty much every big sports and tv star at the time showed up every year to play golf.

s-l500.png
Yes, even the rare Jordan critics have conceded that he has always quietly contributed to community organizations.
TLR, the truth often takes a backseat to what people want to believe.

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I still say to this day donald sterling would have prob still been a owner if jordan didn't do anything

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Not a zero sum game but lebron has done more and jordan has more resources available.

Any donation is a good donation, but but i can help but think this is a reponse after tpeople said he doesn’t go shyt for the community.

Lebron built that school in Akron and it’s changed lives.
Dumb take, MJ been giving back.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
No matter what a celebrity does when they give back, you'll always have people saying they should do more. It's never enough. I understand why some celebrities don't advertise when they do something positive.
Eh, celebrities get oversized credit for their good deeds. The people who detract are few and far in-between. You donate 3 times and you’re labeled a humanitarian. Some people just don’t like to be all up in the videos with their charity.

That said, this is a good gesture. But just looking at those orgs, I wonder if they wrote with a specific needs for those grants because otherwise, I feel like MJ would go further with donating more to less orgs. But that’s moreso my approach to donating and I’m not mad at him.