Michelle Obama: “One of the reasons why I agreed to support Barack’s run...”

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
“...for President was that deep down, I was like “there’s no way he’s gonna win’...
A
nd we can sorta get this out of the way, and I could be that Supportive Wife going:
‘oh honey, you tried...now let’s go back to our lives as usual.’ That was my whole plan...”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGP-12nm8ws

Thoughts?

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
giphy.webp

Ricky Fontaine

Superstar
Daps
Michelle and Barack just make up shyt that sounds interesting.

Deep down they know their legacy is tarnished as black people began to wake up. We were supposed to be the ones to catapult them to Malcolm and Martin status as white people try to attack and white wash their history but they fell painfully short. :francis:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
It's funny because I remember watching Barack's speech at the 2004 DNC and thinking to myself, "That was quite the Presidential sounding speech that he just made. :leon:" and that was the only thing that I remember from that convention overall so I was overjoyed when he ran in 2007/08 and snagged up the nomination from heavy favorite Hillary. Then he won the damn thing. I think his Presidency had a lot of good and bad in it, but that comes with the job.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Michelle and Barack just make up shyt that sounds interesting.

Deep down they know their legacy is tarnished as black people began to wake up. We were supposed to be the ones to catapult them to Malcolm and Martin status as white people try to attack and white wash their history but they fell painfully short. :francis:
sorry to disappoint you but that's never going to happen

alot of black folks still love and worship the Clintons like historical black figures so it's gonna take another two centuries before most black folks sour on the Obamas, especially black women.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Sounds like she was a supportive wife who gave her husband the wings to follow his wildest dreams.

Likelihood of him winning seemed to be 0% at the time.

Jeff Besos had a better chance of becoming the wealthiest man in history when he started Amazon than a Black man named Barack Hussein Obama did of being POTUS.

It worked out though.