Michelle Obama talks “reverse racism” in new book Becoming

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
How many blatant white supremacist judges did Obama appoint? Dems appointed Thurgood Marshall. Republicans replaced him with Clarence Thomas. This is the type of progress you want? You dudes are idiots.

you trolling? fool Thurgood marshall is an informant goofy!! you agents are trash

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you trolling? fool Thurgood marshall is an informant goofy!! you agents are trash

You can’t just say that without context breh:

Files Say Justice Marshall Aided F.B.I. in 50's

The documents show that while Mr. Marshall was the director-counsel for the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund in the 1950's, he passed along information to the F.B.I., particularly about efforts by Communist Party members to gain influence in the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. The documents also show that the bureau, under the direction of J. Edgar Hoover, repeatedly investigated Mr. Marshall's background for any evidence of communist associations and linked him early in his career to groups that the F.B.I. came to call communist fronts.

Mr. Marshall's contacts with the bureau suggest that he was trying to inoculate the N.A.A.C.P. from charges that it was being influenced by communists at a time in American history when the hint of that, even if false, could discredit an individual or group. The information about Justice Marshall's relationship with the F.B.I. is contained, but not fully explicated, in nearly 1,300 pages of documents released by the bureau today. The files were requested under the Freedom of Information Act after Mr. Marshall died in January 1993 by some scholars and USA Today, which first published an account of the documents on Monday. The records were initially released over the weekend.

The files chronicle a relationship between Mr. Marshall and Mr. Hoover that seemed to fluctuate between quiet cooperation and outright enmity.

Colleagues and historians said today that while Mr. Marshall had been wary of the F.B.I., he had also been profoundly distrustful of the Communist Party and had staunchly resisted its efforts to become prominent in both the N.A.A.C.P. and the larger civil rights movement.

Continue reading the main story
Advertisement

Continue reading the main story

''Thurgood Marshall very much loved his country and detested communists,'' said William T. Coleman Jr., a former Cabinet officer and longtime friend of Justice Marshall who served as his lawyer. ''He was someone who spent his whole life trying to use the Constitution as a real force in his civil rights efforts, and I think his reaction against communists is one you would expect it to be toward people who wanted to undermine the Constitution.''

In the 50’s he was trying to protect the NAACP from being infiltrated by communists which would have undermined the whole movement during the McCarthy era.

But to you I bet that’s worse that Clarence Thomas saying the voters and civil rights acts are unconstitutional, or upholding unfair sentencing guidelines, or upholding sentences for drug offenders despite crack vs powder sentencing guideline changes, or voting against the fair housing act, etc etc

Thurgood Marshall is a black hero and will
always be.

Last edited:

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps

In the 50’s he was trying to protect the NAACP from being infiltrated by communists which would have undermined the whole movement during the McCarthy era.

But to you I bet that’s worse that Clarence Thomas saying the voters and civil rights acts are unconstitutional, or upholding unfair sentencing guidelines, upholding sentences for drug offenders despite crack vs powder sentencing guideline changes, voting against the fair housing act, etc etc

always be.
It’s just depressing when you have to defend Thurgood Marshall’s legacy to black folks. Pitiful.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta

But to you I bet that’s worse that Clarence Thomas saying the voters and civil rights acts are unconstitutional, upholding unfair sentencing guidelines, upholding sentences for drug offenders despite crack vs powder sentencing guideline changes, voting against the fair housing act, etc etc

always be.

Thanks for clearing that up.

AUG17_Feature_Thurgood_hero.jpg

#blackamericanexcellence

In the 1950s, Marshall tipped off the FBI about communist attempts to infiltrate the NAACP. But he was also the subject of FBI investigation, under the direction of J. Edgar Hoover. According to FBI files, critics tried to connect Marshall to communism through his membership in the National Lawyers Guild, a group that was called "the legal bulwark of the Communist Party” by the notorious House Un-American Activities Committee. Later, after he was nominated to the Supreme Court, Marshall’s opponents tried again to tie him to communism, but the FBI couldn't find any communist ties.

motion order

Mercenary
Daps
Reppin
Jew Jersey
The worst part about people defending that garbage in that excerpt from what Michelle Obama wrote, is that Jeremiah Wright was biblically accurate with his now infamous quote, "God damned America."

If one actually makes the Bible and its parables applicable to modern day and time, God would damn America.

If a Christian pastor does not, or can not, relate Biblical Egypt, biblical Sodom and Gomorrah, biblical Babylon, and especially that mystery Babylon, to modern day America, he needs to get off the pulpit.

Any Christian, particularly a Black Christian, that thinks that God is on America's side, doesn't understand their book.

And n-ggas like Michelle Obama, that would use the phrase, "callous and inappropriate fits of rage..." and "cranky mistrust;" when referring to Black people's negative sentiments towards America, are just in the way of any strides we may make towards true freedom justice and equality.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
There's no such thing as reverse racism. Become a racist in response to racism and ultimately you're just a racist. It doesn't really matter how you got there once you've arrived you're there. Blaming their racism on others is exactly what racist do.

The issue here is a black man isn't openly allowed to criticize white America. Blacks have reached a level where whites tolerate our existence but they don't wanna hear jack shyt about the atrocities they've committed and continue to commit. Just look at the whole NFL stand or kneel thing. A way will always be found to shift the blame or derail the conversation every time such things are brought up.

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city

But to you I bet that’s worse that Clarence Thomas saying the voters and civil rights acts are unconstitutional, or upholding unfair sentencing guidelines, or upholding sentences for drug offenders despite crack vs powder sentencing guideline changes, or voting against the fair housing act, etc etc

always be.

:snoop:I’m done. So you just pick and chose what info like

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
America does what you let them, same with cac publishers. I DON’T respect what’s done for a bag, give a fukk what anybody else think

The next question should be asked; why can't the most powerful black couple in America self publish a book after ten years in the public eye, so they don't have to worry about selling books to clueless, apathetic white people.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
They sat in those church years
Get in power and now throw the man in the bushes... lol

Anyways yall remember Obama taking his gay right activism to africa in 2014 :scust: