Michigan hires Florida Atlantic's DUSTY MAY as Men's Basketball Head Coach

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Ed MOTHERfukkING G you signed this traitor!?

maxresdefault.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Chi
We goin back to Beilein basketball. There was a chance for Juwan to succeed and proudly recruit Detroit talent, but we goin back to recruiting private school hoopers lol
Almost ALL the state of MI talent (and nationwide) is in private schools, or they leave the state altogether.

There hasn't been a 5* from the state in 2 or 3 cycles now. But Darius Acuff (Detroit now at IMG Academy, supposedly a UK lean but I've heard there's mutual UM interest), and Trey McKenney (Flint native, OLSM) are both 5 stars in 2025. The days of 5* and high 4* talent coming out of schools like Pershing is probably over with, hard enough to keep in state blue chippers from going to schools like LaLu and IMG, let alone play for the PSL.

Seemed like the 90s & early to mid 2000s had a LOT of talent come out of the State,

Toussaint

Struggle, challenge, and rise to struggle again
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I get that with the regular Joe, but those fellas (Chris, Jalen and etc) stepping back on that campus after how the University and fanbase treated them after the banner fiasco will always be :what: :scust: to me. Breh damn near made a championship run a couple of years ago too.

Come here

Come closer….

A little closer….

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F76b1ae47-fa35-448d-b36f-c88c5e26d245_480x270.gif

:pacspit:

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
Almost ALL the state of MI talent (and nationwide) is in private schools, or they leave the state altogether.

There hasn't been a 5* from the state in 2 or 3 cycles now. But Darius Acuff (Detroit now at IMG Academy, supposedly a UK lean but I've heard there's mutual UM interest), and Trey McKenney (Flint native, OLSM) are both 5 stars in 2025. The days of 5* and high 4* talent coming out of schools like Pershing is probably over with, hard enough to keep in state blue chippers from going to schools like LaLu and IMG, let alone play for the PSL.

Seemed like the 90s & early to mid 2000s had a LOT of talent come out of the State,

Derrick Walton Jr probably in my top 3 favorite players of the belilein era. I like having some detroit boys on the team to go with the mix of private school guys and out of sfate kids....Same for football

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Derrick Walton Jr probably in my top 3 favorite players of the belilein era. I like having some detroit boys on the team to go with the mix of private school guys and out of sfate kids....Same for football

There are still some PSL/public schools kids in the state of course. Always liked Walton's game too. But keep in mind he was a HS senior over 10 years ago. These days it's more than likely that he ends up at Country Day/OLSM or an out-of-state prep school.

Michigan Public schools still produce a lot of football talent tho.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
There are still some PSL/public schools kids in the state of course. Always liked Walton's game too. But keep in mind he was a HS senior over 10 years ago. These days it's more than likely that he ends up at Country Day/OLSM or an out-of-state prep school.

Michigan Public schools still produce a lot of football talent tho.
A lot those football cats in PSL can hoop but choose not to commit to basketball for whatever reason :francis: