Daps
Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Must be nice to eliminate your commute :mjcry:
it is, but i have to make an effort to make sure i get out my house a few times a week. plus staying at home means i go through my toilet paper too fast :russ:
Do your friends joke with you about not having a job? :lolbron:
i truly believe this is what my parents think. they stay calling me or being like "hey, want to go to lunch" "can you come walk the dog"....like nikka, just cuz i don't work in an office doesn't mean i don't work lol

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Do you have a home office set up or do you go to some place like a library/cafe.
i use my second bedroom as my office, alternate between my desk and the chaise in there in the morning, then move to the living room around noon-3 to watch the jump, high noon, HQ, ATH, and PTI lol.

i can do the cafe thing sparingly, their internet is rarely fast enough for video conferencing and you clearly end up eating junk as you need to buy food/drink to keep using their space. i've been checking out co-working spots (there are a couple partially black owned spaces here in Oakland), might also go to hotel lobbies, but that means going into SF

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm assuming the standard 40-hr work week.
thats not what the experiment was. it wasnt the usual 4 days at 10 hours per day or 4 days at 9 hours per day. it was 4 days at 8 hours per day = 32 hours but they got paid the full 40 hrs. WHY? because they still PRODUCED 40 hours worth of work and then some.
I've said this here and other places. With all this tech we have available to us, if we use it properly. We will be able to do things in a lot less time. and doing so should not hurt the workers wallets at all. it should stay the same if we're producing the same.

example. if i'm loading boxes in a warehouse. a 40 hr week i should load lets say 400 boxes. 100 boxes per every 10 hours of work done.

What if i figure out a way to get my 400 boxes loaded in 4 days at 32 hours. why would you pay me as if i produced less than the normal amount? to do so would be unfair. Pay me based on my production. its that simple. doesnt matter how i do it. you ask me to do X, if i do X then pay me for doing X. if i produce more, pay me for that as extra like overtime.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Got to be careful with this only because some place will adapt it but for 8 hour days to avoid paying certain benefits. In some states 35 hours a week is tied to employers being mandated to offer healthcare and other benefits

I believe Oklahoma’s board of Ed does this to their teachers for the same reason.

on the flip I think if you can guarantee 40 hour weeks this is great. It’s just hard to see how employers don’t cut back to 32 for the savings they’ll receive.