Microsoft vision for Xbox future on 15th February on the official Xbox podcast at 12pm PT. 3PM ET. 8pm GMT

Will Microsoft go full 3rd party and drop console hardware going forward?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I want an Xbot to show me the podcast, special briefing or even a link to a past anticipated news briefing from key personnel from Xbox that merely announced Cuphead or Ori for the Switch. Just want to make sure if this event Thursday is precedented or unprecedented.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It’s literally not. It was testified in court that it wasn’t.
Post a link where he specifically addresses *and* disputes the leaked MS documents that specifically reference GP growth.

Edit: Found what you're quoting and it doesn't help your argument. They are actual projections used in determining their direction re: new hardware.

As reported by WccfTech, FTC lawyer James Weingarten put forth a slide that included Xbox Game Pass growth projections till FY30 during the recent hearing. The Game Pass subscribers were divided into three segments, console-first and multi-device gamers, PC-first gamers, and cloud-first gamers. Their projections revealed that the company expects to surpass 100 million subscribers by FY30. Spencer was asked by Weingarten whether he agreed to these projections.

To which Spencer replied, stating that he does not believe that this is “what the future of Xbox business would look like” and this is just a “presentation” from the organisation’s “devices” for the gaming leadership team. Hence, the slide represents “the view from the team that is chartered” with developing new hardware, based on “what the future of the business would look like.” Spencer added that he can “fairly safely” state that if the company does not see “progress” towards the Xbox Game Pass subscribers “off of console” then they would “exit the business.”

Spencer also said that he hopes the “majority” of their customers will be brought in “off of our own hardware” before 2030. Spencer addressed Weingarten, stating, “When you asked me if I agreed with this chart that the light green and blue depending on what colours you see there would have to be much larger much earlier. I would say by FY26, '27 that we should be in that position, or we'd have to make a different decision with the business”.

We are about to see the fruits of them failing to even trend towards that number w/ their new multi-platform strategy.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Outside of MLB (which MLB forced) and Bungie games (which Bungie negotiated for) no

Sony is not porting their critical hit first party games to xbox or nintendo consoles
A few years ago they didn't have any 1st party titles on PC at all either. Crazy how that's changed.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Post a link where he specifically addresses *and* disputes the leaked MS documents that specifically reference GP growth.

Edit: Found what you're quoting and it doesn't help your argument. They are actual projections used in determining their direction re: new hardware.

We are about to see the fruits of them failing to even trend towards that number w/ their new multi-platform strategy.
Again. The end number of subscribers isn’t what the pic was about.

The Hardware team isn’t even the ones who would be making gamepass projections.

The slide was about the ratio of where the hardware team expected the business to go, and the CEO of xbox said he doesn’t agree with the projections and that’s not where their business is going and not what he’s shooting for

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I want an Xbot to show me the podcast, special briefing or even a link to a past anticipated news briefing from key personnel from Xbox that merely announced Cuphead or Ori for the Switch. Just want to make sure if this event Thursday is precedented or unprecedented.
Cuphead was a timed exclusive

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Sony stans “Sony porting old games to PC is just a way to make more money on the games and gain fans for their sequels”

Also Sony stans: “Xbox porting old games to other platforms means they are throwing in the towel on hardware”

Crazy how yall spin machine is so inconsistent :wow:
One case involves a console that is in distant third place.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
If that Warren report is true, they could have ended all the hysteria with a quick "We have no plans to ...blah blah blah" and put all that other gamepass fodder on a blog post. Nobody on Playstation/Switch is clamoring for these titles, maybe those weird furry nikkaz.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If that Warren report is true, they could have ended all the hysteria with a quick "We have no plans to ...blah blah blah" and put all that other gamepass fodder on a blog post. Nobody on Playstation/Switch is clamoring for these titles, maybe those weird furry nikkaz.

Obviously it is just the beginning in terms of bringing games to PS5/Switch. They aren't bringing 4 niche titles to these other consoles, getting a few dollars and then calling it a day.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
NLT-Slippery_slope.jpg

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cuphead was a timed exclusive
This has nothing to do with what I asked though lol.

I said what precedent was set before with a "minor" event being broadcasted in this fashion for Xbox games like Cuphead or Ori going to the Switch? Those games were announced during a Nintendo direct, not some business update after a week of smoke from high level Xbox personnel.

Also, It's not a merely a slippery slope being that this is unprecedented and no one knows what the "event" even is in this example to call it minor.

I can post logical fallacy pictures too
iu

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
This has nothing to do with what I asked though lol.

I said what precedent was set before with a "minor" event being broadcasted in this fashion for Xbox games like Cuphead or Ori going to the Switch? Those games were announced during a Nintendo direct, not some business update after a week of smoke from high level Xbox personnel.

Also, It's not a merely a slippery slope being that this is unprecedented and no one knows what the "event" even is in this example to call it minor.
like you said, we don't even know what this "event" is about, so how can we compare it to whatever from the past?