Microsoft's Project X Cloud and game streaming in general is the future.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
+-5
Nikka is you high?:dwillhuh: The fukk is this gibberish you're typing? This nikka speaking in parables and shyt.

Earth to Mowgli, this isn't about MOVING units or whatever, it's a feature, a use that can be utilized. Just like you can listen to music while playing games, it's not something nikkas going to go out and buy a system for but when it's time for system wars, it's a bullet point doggy.

Holla.

Fred.
It will be underutilized trash that developers will scoff at in terms of its ability to bring the most out of games.

No one next generation will be saying wow thank God for the cloud.

Maybe for that free to play Trash. The next Warframe should be off the hook

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
This shyt is the future

But I'm still buying physical copies so I don't have to rely on my internet just to play games, plus only like a 3rd of gamers gonna have the bandwidth to do this seeing as how games are only getting bigger and bigger and require more data to run.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This shyt is the future

But I'm still buying physical copies so I don't have to rely on my internet just to play games, plus only like a 3rd of gamers gonna have the bandwidth to do this seeing as how games are only getting bigger and bigger and require more data to run.
Physical copies wouldn't make this null as it'd work just like how I can stream my PS4 to a phone or another PC over the internet.
Actually the bandwith requirements aren't that high in the first place.

FAQ from Shadow's site:
What type of internet connection is required to use Shadow?

There is no issue running Shadow with FTTH or very high-speed networks with a coaxial cable (FTTB). If you are on an ADSL broadband, chances are that Shadow also works; however, we can not guarantee it.

What are the minimum broadband speed requirements?
Broadband speed is one of the main elements needed to enjoy the full Shadow experience. It also requires low ping, a stable connection, and low packet loss. That is why we ask that our users use fiber or cable when using Shadow and the reason why we cannot guarantee our users a proper experience while using ADSL. To answer your question, Shadow uses a minimum bandwidth averaging from 5 to 25 Mbps, depending on the use. However, this does not mean that a speedtest above 25 Mbps guarantees a good use of Shadow (as detailed above).

Can I connect to Shadow from another device? A laptop? A tablet by wifi?
Yes, from any interface that has an internet connection. In the case of a WLAN connection, it will require a good Wifi (standards Wifi N or AC). We are currently making the necessary arrangements to provide software clients for all platforms. At the moment there are Android, Windows, macOS and Linux clients available, with iOS in development.

50~100MBPS to stream 1080P/60fps games to your TV or laptop, tablet or phone is something I'd assume the average person living in a city would have. I'm in the hood and I got FIOS 150Mbps down/up. Heck, I streamed RE2 Remake to my TV that was running off of wireless at 4K/60fps with no issues. It's all about the resolution/framerate that's being streamed that matters the most, not the actual size of the game.

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I KNOW you ain't trying to hear nothing about this lol
The Arcadium should know my take on this by now:
This is the future and there is no stopping it (I'm not happy about it, but I accept it, so I've learned to be OK with it).
From an "art form" perspective, and from a "content creator" perspective, I passionately believe that this business model with hurt the "art form" and "content creators".
None of this can be stopped, so I tend to throw my hands up and say "it is what it is, we'll see what happens".

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Xcloud is great.

Don’t have to worry about storage space as much. Some stuff I just stream. Also don’t have to waste the time/bandwidth to download something when I just want to try it out.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Xcloud is great.

Don’t have to worry about storage space as much. Some stuff I just stream. Also don’t have to waste the time/bandwidth to download something when I just want to try it out.
:whew:

I thought I was about to catch a L or something. I seen the thread get bumped like ":merchant:fukk, what did I say?"

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
Cloud gaming is dope as hell, that’s worth the gamepass ultimate by itself personally.