Midpoint 2020s: Top 50 US Cities...

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Who would you put above Detroit and SF that aren't above them?

Vegas isn't a complete city yet, being a Top 30 city is indicative of its rise because it wasn't that 10+ years ago...

Dallas I'd borderline Top 10, I wouldn't debate someone who has Dallas Top 10. But it has a small downtown and central city core for a city it's size, and it is way, way, way too spread out. They have light rail but it isn't extensive or elite. They are developing the core but I just think the cities above it, outperform it there. Seattle has closed the gap on them, too...
With SF and Dallas, I'm nitpicking. SF would probably go down to 6, with Houston going into #5.
Dallas would be 10, with Philly dropping to 11.
Vegas can actually go to 20 over St. Louis and I would probably drop Detroit down to 21.

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
Man hellllllllllll nooooo. 🤣 🤣 🤣 Dallas is cool but nah. Make the case though, I'm interested in your perspective. What are the only four cities you have over Dallas and what are its merits as a Top 5 city?

I would take your top 5 and replace San Francisco with Dallas. I would say Dallas is ahead of Washington DC but all the attractions in DC are free.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Miami ain't Top 2 in anything relevant 🤣 it's a Top 10 city though...

This is Top 50 cities based on a combination of both livability + visitor experience, as well as quality of life metrics of city life...
it's overrated city, but I can see why it has it's attraction
only big city in the country that is a combination of tropical and good beaches(beside Honululu)
latina women/south american culture
and surprisingly, it's becoming more and more urbanized

it's second to NY in most toured and a huge part of that are the international tourist

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
it's overrated city, but I can see why it has it's attraction
only big city in the country that is a combination of tropical and good beaches(beside Honululu)
latina women/south american culture
and surprisingly, it's becoming more and more urbanized

it's second to NY in most toured and a huge part of that are the international tourist
@murksiderock - Honululu should be on the list.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
If this list is based on living/wanting to vacation/importance in 2024, there are quite a few listed in that #10-20 range i'd put above in 2024.

Miami
Dallas
PHX
Denver
SD (Philly is VASTLY cheaper so if that is why it is above ok)
Charlotte

I'd need to be explained what Philly has to offer more than them, not even a slight to Philly either why I said needed an answer
Some of these cities are just too small to be considered over Philly, the size of the city does matter. Otherwise we could tell people Annapolis or Albuquerque are two of the Top 50 cities. But I think we all understand size has a part in importance...

Philly is 2.3x larger than Charlotte; 2.1x larger than Denver; 1.9x larger than San Diego. I think you can't even really begin to put any city that is less than half the size of one, over the larger city...

I also think the concentration of big city amenities in compact space matters. Philly has better transit infrastructure than all of the above cities, Philly's higher ed infrastructure is stronger than the cities you listed, Philly has the bigger and more developed inner city core/downtown than all coties you named; Philly's economy is the largest of all the cities you named...

I could entertain the argument for Miami or Dallas over Philly because those cities are much closer to Philly in size. Phoenix is too but it loses ground in the areas I listed above...
With SF and Dallas, I'm nitpicking. SF would probably go down to 6, with Houston going into #5.
Dallas would be 10, with Philly dropping to 11.
Vegas can actually go to 20 over St. Louis and I would probably drop Detroit down to 21.
I can't dig the Vegas or Detroit ones. Vegas is really only elite in the entertainment industry, it sucks bad in various quality of life metrics. Vegas' improvement in those QOL metrics though, combined with its entertainment factor, are why I have it as highly as I do...

Detroit could drop some but out of Top 20? I still think it packs a big enough punch as a Top 15 place...

I can dig your SF, Dallas, Houston, Philly points..
I would take your top 5 and replace San Francisco with Dallas. I would say Dallas is ahead of Washington DC but all the attractions in DC are free.
Bruh I just cant see Dallas as Top 5, its way behind the Top 4 in economy and development...
@murksiderock - Honululu should be on the list.
I can't see it. It isn't on the mainland so it's isolated, it's small, it's super expensive, and it's niche, it's really only known to Domestic America as a tourist spot...

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
We are 50 months into the 120-month 2020s, the period ranging from January 2020 to December 2029. Kinda crazy to believe we're almost halfway thru this decade...

But halfway thru a convo with me and @Bryan Danielson got me thinking about what the top cities are in the country, if I was creating an ad about the 50 most relevant, important, heavyweight cities, in a nation of thousands of interesting places and arguably the most popular and powerful country on the planet (certainly Top 3 by most respects), what would those 50 cities be?

If I was just ordering them 1-50 I'd rank them like this:

1 New York
2 Los Angeles
3 Chicago
4 Washington
5 San Francisco
6 Boston
7 Houston
8 Atlanta
9 Philadelphia
10 Miami
11 Dallas
12 Seattle
13 Phoenix
14 Detroit
15 Minneapolis
16 Denver
17 San Diego
18 Charlotte
19 Baltimore
20 Austin
21 St Louis
22 Tampa
23 Orlando
24 Portland
25 Pittsburgh
26 Las Vegas
27 San Jose
28 Nashville
29 Cincinnati
30 Oakland
31 Sacramento
32 San Antonio
33 Cleveland
34 Indianapolis
35 Kansas City
36 Columbus
37 Fort Worth
38 Newark
39 Salt Lake City
40 Milwaukee
41 Raleigh
42 Jacksonville
43 Richmond
44 New Orleans
45 Providence
46 Oklahoma City
47 Memphis
48 Louisville
49 Buffalo
50 Hartford

If I was sorting them into tiers, though, there is some separation between cities even if one after the other. For instance I think Charlotte ranks right after San Diego and Denver but I do think there's a gap between those cities and Charlotte, as currently stands:

I.
NY, (gap), LA
(gap)
II.

Chi, DC, SF
(smaller gap)
III.

Bean, HTX, ATL, Philly, Miami, DTX, Seattle
(Notable gap)
IV.

Phx, Motown, MSP, Denver, SD
(Gap)
V.

Clt, Bmore, ATX, StL, Tampa, Orlando, Pdx, Pgh, LV, SJ, Nash, Cincy, Oakland, Sac, SA
(Small gap)
VI.

Cleveland, Indy, KC, Cbus, FW, Nwk, SLC
(Small gap)
VII.

Mke, Rgh, Jax, RVA, Nola, PVD
(Small gap)
VIII.

OKC, Memphis, Lou, Buff, Hartford

Thoughts?

My thoughts are this…..

I always thought Charlotte was roughly and firmly at that 17th spot.

Conceding not higher, but I’ll be damned any lower.

We demand a recount and Det or Minny needs some re-evaluation done!!

Cuz one of them is too high

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
My thoughts are this…..

I always thought Charlotte was roughly and firmly at that 17th spot.

Conceding not higher, but I’ll be damned any lower.

We demand a recount and Det or Minny needs some re-evaluation done!!

Cuz one of them is too high
Nah bro Clt got some work to do to catch those two cities. Which, is very possible because of the way Clt is growing but it's still a ways away 🤣...

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Nah bro Clt got some work to do to catch those two cities. Which, is very possible because of the way Clt is growing but it's still a ways away 🤣...

I been to Minny….

Don’t get me wrong, it’s nice and it got The Mall of America but come on

And Detroit? My partner I coach with from Detroit and a girl I used to smash from there. Neither has much nice to say about it.

Gastonia is known as “the Detroit of NC”

And if you get compared to Gastonia…. That’s not a good look lol