Migos - Culture II (Discussion Thread)

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
you don't have to listen to stuff multiple times to know if you like it. most albums you either find yourself skipping songs halfway in, immediately in love with some tracks/putting them on replay, and there there's stuff that's just cool. most people judge albums by their skip to "immediate love" ratio. culture had way more songs that got me off jump than this, i skipped A LOT of songs on this album. culture had me replaying a lot of songs

Hmmm... thought it was trash on my first listen too but it grew like hell on me. Definitely one of those 'slow burner' albums especially compare to Culture 1.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Hmmm... thought it was trash on my first listen too but it grew like hell on me. Definitely one of those 'slow burner' albums especially compare to Culture 1.
funny you up this, i gave the album a full run last week and it's still quite disappointing.

there are only 6 songs i REALLY like (Narcos, BBO, CC, Walk It, Made Men, Emoji), two i fukk with but don't love, even tho one was out way before the album (too hotty, stir fry), and one i half like (too playa) only for 2-chainz part, he killed that shyt. a 24 song album and i like 8.5 tracks...that's a pretty shytty album :ld:

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
funny you up this, i gave the album a full run last week and it's still quite disappointing.

there are only 6 songs i REALLY like (Narcos, BBO, CC, Walk It, Made Men, Emoji), two i fukk with but don't love, even tho one was out way before the album (too hotty, stir fry), and one i half like (too playa) only for 2-chainz part, he killed that shyt. a 24 song album and i like 8.5 tracks...that's a pretty shytty album :ld:

Disappointing, average, different etc, sure, but an outright shytty album...that's going a bit too far.

Strange thing is, for a 24 track album there's not really an outright wack song on here. All the tracks just blend into each other (which can be a good and bad thing lol). This is a perfect ride out or road trip album. Just press play and let it ride. They should definitely make future albums 12-14 tracks tho... I mean 8.5 outta 14 ain't that bad.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Disappointing, average, different etc, sure, but an outright shytty album...that's going a bit too far.

Strange thing is, for a 24 track album there's not really an outright wack song on here. All the tracks just blend into each other (which can be a good and bad thing lol). This is a perfect ride out or road trip album. Just press play and let it ride. They should definitely make future albums 12-14 tracks tho... I mean 8.5 outta 14 ain't that bad.
yea, if it were 8/14 i'd have another view of it.

but as it stands, as a 24 track album, i still think it's garbage. :yeshrug: it's lazy and derivative. i actually find the songs i don't fukk with annoying and distracting due to how little effort was given. from generic beats, to uninspired/overly repetitive hooks, to shytty rapping. i can't call this anything other than garbage, especially when i know the classics they're capable of - YRN, No Label 2, and Culture....even that QC tape had much better Migos tracks/verses.

10:31

Superstar
Daps
Forgot this even dropped.

Will this have the same legs as Culture 1?

Way too long..

I doubt it, honestly don’t even care because it was too much music and it lacked cohesion.

I think the first is a modern classic.

Superstar
Daps
Saw them boys in DC last weekend at broccoli fest and they did one hell of a job.

The crowd was suspect through Nipsey, Miguel, and Cardi B performances but they got up for these nikkas

Their stage presence and swag is out of this world. Their breath control and intimacy with their audience is also great.

Superstar
Daps
https://www.google.com/amp/s/pitchf...anye-maga-photo-i-dont-love-his-politics/amp/

At another point, Cohen addressed Migos’ claims that 300 was “the biggest hurdle” in furthering their careers. Migos were signed with the company between 2014 and 2017. Their last release with them was Culture. “Culture was a huge success, right? Oftentimes artists get upset with labels but I think part of being a label is being truthful,” Cohen said.

He went on, “Oftentimes, record companies have to make unpopular decisions but the spirit of that is intended for the artist’s benefit and the consumer’s benefit as well. I believe Culture was a classic. It was very tightly constructed—much more tightly constructed than Culture II was.”

Lyor throwing shade @ Migos/QC

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
"today was a good day! dropped my top riding down the highway :blessed:"

randomly came in on shuffle today :wow:

probably the only Migos song i'll never get tired of :ohlawd: