Migos Member Quavo Says Biting In Rap Wouldn't Be Tolerated If Tupac was still alive {:rudy}

LevelUp

🧞🪔 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙇𝙖𝙢𝙥 🧞🪔
Daps
Migos speak on putting "everyday life" into their music, talk Biggie and Tupac.

During an interview with radio personality Jenny Boom Boom, Atlanta-based rap group Migos gave their thoughts on the late Notorious B.I.G. and Tupac Shakur. They spoke on what rapper they favored the most, with Biggie taking the most votes, before speaking on what rap would be like today if the two artists were still alive.

According to Migos member Quavo, a lot of today’s rappers “wouldn’t be out” if Pac and Biggie were still alive. He explained that in today’s music a lot of biting and borrowing is involved, a trait he says wasn’t too prevalent in the 90s.

“A lot of rappers wouldn’t be out today,” Quavo said. “Yep. Because a lot of them doing what they doing. Or doing what they did. And, you know, they didn’t really too much like folks doing they style. Taking they style. Like back then when people was taking the style they was getting in trouble about it. You was getting exposed about it. You had to come with it. You know what I’m saying? Now everybody bite off each other, feed off each other. I ain’t saying nothing bad, but they wasn’t allowing that in the 90s. You was with one side and one side only.”

Prior to speaking on Pac and Biggie, Quavo spoke on Migos putting aspects of everyday life into their music.

“We put everything into it,” he said. “Like everyday life. We put it into our music. So, we make you like ‘Oh damn, I at least heard ‘Hannah Montana.’’”

In a previous interview with Jenny Boom Boom, Migos revealed that there is no feud with those in Three 6 Mafia or 2 Chainz.

“It’s no issue on that. We salute Three 6 Mafia,” Offset said during the interview, which was published last month. “They still great artists, but I feel like we came up with our own situation. And then I feel like sometimes people try to put somebody else on you. That could have been controversy through us. Us and Three 6 Mafia by that statement, but shout out to 2 Chainz. And shout out to Three 6 Mafia.”

http://www.hiphopdx.com/m/index.php?s=news&id=30087

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
If tupac were still alive we would already have a sustainable peaceful two state solution to the Israeli/Palestinian conflict...and developed cold fusion as a method of almost unlimited renewable energy

Last edited:

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Pac spoke on how he hated biting because it would make the originators of styles obsolete....He loved Cube but called him out for Bow Down sayin something like "Why wasn't you makin them Bow Down to the West when I was in jail, n1gga?!?!"

Anyway biters used to be viewed as the scum of hip hop....Then sometime in the late 90's all of the vitriol towards "biters" disappeared and was turned towards "haters"

I wish n1ggas would start hating again honestly..Migos let Drake attach himself to their "host" flow and now they are about to be what Pac said..Obsolete...So of course they mad...