Mike - Official Trailer (Mike Tyson Biopic Series on Hulu)

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the first episode when Mike sadly says "What did I do? I'll do better, I promise" when the white dude sets him up with Cus d'Amato because he thinks the white dude is just saying this shyt so that he could abandon him, that shyt hurt me in my soul.

Some people ask how anyone can have sympathy for Mike Tyson, and that's why. This actor captured Mike's self-loathing and inner sadness that you can see in him when he talks.

Mike is incredibly complex in a way that fascinates me. I'll tell you, this show reiterates that he is truly a product of this country. Imagine a country where he and his mother are allowed to live with dignity and that doesn't basically condemn them to impoverishment and mistreatment because they're black and society doesn't care about them.

I'm glad his brother and sister apparently survived it. IMO, this show is about Mike, but it's also about black folks and the survival mode we live our lives in every day in the U.S. I mean, we all come from different situations, but we all experience it to some degree in some way. Mike's the extreme of that.

At least that's what this show gets at to me.

That shyt was OD sad to watch. Man had a fukked up childhood for real.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
This was actually very good and I think a fair depiction of his life. I don’t know about the controversy but it’s a shame that more people didn’t see it.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
It seems like last night's episode is the one that's going to cause all the controversy.
I see why Mike would have an issue with it
The rape episode? I see why he’d have an issue but there’s also no way he’d keep it real on it in a documentary that he greenlit.

Show needed an unbiased perspective. :manny:

This shyt was VERY fair to Mike and probably gonna be better than whatever movie he has cooking with Jamie Foxx

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I really liked this show. They really captured the complexity of Tyson’s state of mind and Trevante Rhodes killed it as Mike. You can tell he really studied his interviews, podcasts and his one man show.

The rape episode made me cringe. They didn’t overdo it but they really did capture how uncomfortable that situation was. I get why Tyson shunned this show since he maintains his innocence but as I explained to my girl, on paper, he did it and the writers would have caught heat if they didn’t address it.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I actually think the show treated Mike, Robin and Desiree with respect and humanity. Because the energy was crazy when that situation went through in real life. Like the public was maybe 75% on Mike's side women included.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
Just watched the Desiree episode.
Now I know why Mike dont fukk with this series.
Instead of presenting just the facts and leaving the rest up to the viewer, the filmmakers took a side.
They don't even leave any room for doubt. That tells you that they don't trust him as a story teller when it comes to that part of his own life, and that's kinda shytty.
It kind of washes away all of the humanizing of Mike done in the previous episodes.
They also paint the Black community and the public at large with in a terrible light, as if Mike Tyson's celebrity was the only reason anyone took his side.
That said, the episode itself was great like all the previous episodes, especially Li Eubanks performance as Desiree.