Mike Trout 12 years $430 mil to stay with Angels

MF budz

All Star
Daps
So no baseball players should get big contacts?
shyt if I'm the owner I'm not shelling that shyt out. Especially if we haven't done anything. :yeshrug: obviously it's good for trout. But rarely these huge contracts end up looking good in the later years.

mr x

Superstar
Daps
Lol at all the memes making fun of a harper for "only" making 330m.

Hilarious right?

MF budz

All Star
Daps
Why? Why do you give a damn about billionaire owners?

The money is there. MLB is making enormous profits. Why the fukk do you want the owners to keep it instead of giving more to players?
To build the rest of my team if one man can't get it done like all you are saying. Why would I just give a billion away for mediocre results? Granted he is the best player in MLB right now. But the team hasn't done anything. Idk maybe the farm system is good so they think they have a chance at something. And I get there's no salary cap so they could theoretically add a bunch of pieces if that's the plan then good. Either way how is he going to look in year 7-12 through the deal? He could fall off. Like Cabrera, A rod and countless others.

Daps
He might go down as the GOAT. Shame MLB doesn't know how to market their stars

They got a white boy, no scandal-having, 5-tool player that could be like Willie Mays or Mickey Mantle (without the booze or injuries) yet we barely see him anywhere. If the NBA had a Michael Jordan clone that was somehow MORE marketable than prime MJ....Adam Silver, Nike and crew would have that dudes face everywhere.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
NFL or NHL players gotta talk to their unions

Well the NHL does.....................the NFLPA just gonna continue to take their L's :francis::francis: