Miss St RB takes on Mississippi state flag UPDATE: Resolution passed to change flag

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
My fam, both sides, are from Mississippi. IMO, that area right outside Memphis and parts of the coast are the only areas of the state that I’d actually consider living in. Jackson is just weird to me, majority black, black folks in power, but still seems really fukked up.
Yeah me as well.. both sides of my fam is from Greenville/Leland, MS. I'm out there like twice a year. I pretty much always fly into Memphis then rent a car and make the drive south. Memphis is on the up and up especially the downtown area which is nice. Been to Jackson several times and even though Mississippi is a poor state there's no reason for the capital to be in such a sad state of affairs that's its in. Yazoo City looks better than Jackson. The only thing I like about the southern half of state is that its greener-prettier than the Delta which is rough and hard on the eyes. I'm gauging on how this second wave of Corona will be next month. If its not to bad I'mma head out there to get out of Cali and chill for a week or so.

Nasty_Nate

Each one, teach one...
Daps
Reppin
Yeah me as well.. both sides of my fam is from Greenville/Leland, MS. I'm out there like twice a year. I pretty much always fly into Memphis then rent a car and make the drive south. Memphis is on the up and up especially the downtown area which is nice. Been to Jackson several times and even though Mississippi is a poor state there's no reason for the capital to be in such a sad state of affairs that's its in. Yazoo City looks better than Jackson. The only thing I like about the southern half of state is that its greener-prettier than the Delta which is rough and hard on the eyes. I'm gauging on how this second wave of Corona will be next month. If its not to bad I'mma head out there to get out of Cali and chill for a week or so.
I agree about Jackson. I dunno about Yazoo City looking better though. My moms side is from rural Yazoo County and live like 15 minutes from Yazoo City. My parents moved back down there after I got out on my own, so I’m down there like 3-4 times a year. Pops side is from down south, between Hattiesburg and the coast.
Yeah, Memphis has its nice areas. Lotta people shyt on the city, but I don’t think it’s as bad as some folks make it out to be. We actually considered moving there to be closer to family since Memphis is about the same distance from my fam and my wife’s. We were looking at houses around Cordova, but ended up not moving down there.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I agree about Jackson. I dunno about Yazoo City looking better though. My moms side is from rural Yazoo County and live like 15 minutes from Yazoo City. My parents moved back down there after I got out on my own, so I’m down there like 3-4 times a year. Pops side is from down south, between Hattiesburg and the coast.
Yeah, Memphis has its nice areas. Lotta people shyt on the city, but I don’t think it’s as bad as some folks make it out to be. We actually considered moving there to be closer to family since Memphis is about the same distance from my fam and my wife’s. We were looking at houses around Cordova, but ended up not moving down there.

Memphis has some nice areas and bad ones which is really the same for a lot of cities. That’s why a lot of people move to the suburbs or surrounding area.

One of the main problems that they have is that TN devotes a lot of money and resources to white areas and schools districts, while leaving the lower income areas shyt out of luck. It’s the exact same way and situation in Mississippi as well.

It’s amazing how Collierville can get a brand new school built, but then have schools in Memphis with no hot water or constantly having to close because of maintenance problems. The city has now declared racism as an epidemic which is ridiculous as it’s been blatantly obvious that’s it’s been that way for years and they didn’t try to fix the problem. You literally had white people in office making up laws and rules from scratch to splinter the school system and keeps whites from having to go to school with black kids.

Last edited:

Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Valley of the SUNS
Why did he go to a Mississippi school in the first place tho?

That flag is the reason why I never moved to Southaven, Olive Branch, Horn Lake, or Byhalia.

I think we often forget they were kids. He decided to go there at 17/18 years old and he's now 21/22.

Those college years are highly formative breh. Your circle of friends, awareness, intellect, and education are all rapidly changing then add that the current "moment" we're in.

You're seeing a lot of these young black men whose voice, values and identify start taking shape.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I really been digging the new state flag concepts.

STuUcqq.jpeg

Pcqsesu.jpg

t9DIQT5.jpg

NUAJTnn.jpg

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU

STuUcqq.jpeg

Pcqsesu.jpg

t9DIQT5.jpg

NUAJTnn.jpg
So much better and more appropriate. The magnolia flower for the magnolia state. They can even make it 13 stars around the flower to shut the haters up. I wish there was a clean way to get a mocking bird on there. I want y'all to know that this won't be an easy one. Mofos is like extra proud that MS was once the capital of the confederacy. That's the whole state history they teach in schools (cause the rest of it's all racial violence, Medgar Evers, segregation)

Edit: I forgot to say they stay talking bout Elvis like BB King ain’t the real icon.

Last edited:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
So much better and more appropriate. The magnolia flower for the magnolia state. They can even make it 13 stars around the flower to shut the haters up. I wish there was a clean war to get a mocking bird on there. I want y'all to know that this won't be an easy one. Mofos is like extra proud that MS was once the capital of the confederacy. That's the whole state history they teach in schools (cause the rest of it's all racial violence, Medgar Evers, segragation)
I'm glad that I live on the coast in Biloxi with some liberal ass white history teachers. Taught us everything straight. All the killings, slavery history, and all the injustice.

The more I reflect on it. I more that I grown to respect a bunch of football coaches teaching Mississippi history. Still remember the 1st day of class. Told us if anyone walks in with a trashy confederate flag. They'll be dismissed. He was an army vet too, I believe. Thought the confederacy was all traitors and bigots.

Said he was glad Hurricane Katrina destroyed the Jefferson Davis house.

shyt really stuck with me.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
I'm glad that I live on the coast in Biloxi with some liberal ass white history teachers. Taught us everything straight. All the killings, slavery history, and all the injustice.

The more I reflect on it. I more that I grown to respect a bunch of football coaches teaching Mississippi history. Still remember the 1st day of class. Told us if anyone walks in with a trashy confederate flag. They'll be dismissed. He was an army vet too, I believe. Thought the confederacy was all traitors and bigots.

Said he was glad Hurricane Katrina destroyed the Jefferson Davis house.

shyt really stuck with me.
I remember my seventh grade social studies teacher was talking about the civial war and she something like "we could've won that war" like she was rooting for the south. All the black kids were like :dahell:. Back then 6th grade was still elementary and we went to an all black elementary school, so it was our first time time hearing this "we" stuff.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I remember my seventh grade social studies teacher was talking about the civial war and she something like "we could've won that war" like she was rooting for the south. All the black kids were like :dahell:. Back then 6th grade was still elementary and we went to an all black elementary school, so it was our first time time hearing this "we" stuff.
:picard::francis:

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
Of money??? :dahell:
Yes and this is no lie...me n my boy fukked up in the sip, coming from the west coast

We pled out to probation and fines, they made us pay 18k cash

The lawyer told us to be careful driving with the money because if we got pulled and they found it, not only would it be taken but they’d take us to jail

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yes and this is no lie...me n my boy fukked up in the sip, coming from the west coast

We pled out to probation and fines, they made us pay 18k cash

The lawyer told us to be careful driving with the money because if we got pulled and they found it, not only would it be taken but they’d take us to jail

:mindblown:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

STuUcqq.jpeg

Pcqsesu.jpg

t9DIQT5.jpg

NUAJTnn.jpg

those look really good...its a damn shame its 2020 and they are just now changing the flag. Mississippi has a beautiful history for our people and with it having the highest percentage of AAs, I always loved visiting. But the flag always made the state trashy. Glad they are getting their act together. Hopefully the changing of the flag brings in more businesses and people will actually want to move there now to help improve the state.