Mississippi governor signs law restricting transgender people’s use of bathrooms and locker rooms

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
Why the fukk is mississippi even a state. It should be annexed by Mexico. We don't fukking want it

Daps
This is common sense. I would not want my daughter in a locker room with a person who has a whole male body, but thinks they are a woman, so everyone is supposed to pretend there isn’t a male body part in the room.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The law requires all public education institutions in the state to equip their buildings with single-sex bathrooms, changing areas and dormitories, as well as at least one gender-neutral bathroom and changing room.
Liberals, amirite? :troll:

This is is the sort of performative BS do-nothing stunts republican politicians do to win re-elections over and over without every actually doing anything positive for their constituents lives or working in their interests.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
If anyone hasn’t seen this movie, I would recommend it. It’s a powerful and intense film based on a true story.

Movie is a white savior flick that depicts almost every single Black person as silent dumbfounded wallpaper. It's supposed to be about the fukking Civil Rights Movement, yet it make the FBI out to be the heroes and there isn't a single Black character in the entire film who gets the slightest character arc or even whose name you can remember when the movie is over.

The acting is good, but it's a movie about white people, meant to be watched by white people, that doesn't educate you one bit about the Civil Rights Movement other than to show that there were a hell of a lot of White racists in Mississippi.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
A week ago: "Jackson is labeled the murder capital of the world. What can be done?"

This week: "fukk them trannys it's sick!!"

I mean...priorities I guess but them potholes and murders also need some addressing :patrice:

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Movie is a white savior flick that depicts almost every single Black person as silent dumbfounded wallpaper. It's supposed to be about the fukking Civil Rights Movement, yet it make the FBI out to be the heroes and there isn't a single Black character in the entire film who gets the slightest character arc or even whose name you can remember when the movie is over.

The acting is good, but it's a movie about white people, meant to be watched by white people, that doesn't educate you one bit about the Civil Rights Movement other than to show that there were a hell of a lot of White racists in Mississippi.

:francis: Probably one of the main reasons why I never got into watching the flick. I honestly wanted to check it out because I loved Gene Hackman's work, but I'm kinda over the white master of freedom being the key element in every fukking movie about civil rights and slavery.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
:francis: Probably one of the main reasons why I never got into watching the flick. I honestly wanted to check it out because I loved Gene Hackman's work, but I'm kinda over the white master of freedom being the key element in every fukking movie about civil rights and slavery.

I don't know why, I went in thinking it was going to be good because I'd heard it praised so much and the CRM is really important to me. Then I actually saw it and was just knocked over by its portrayal of Black folk in Mississippi.

I'm not against CRM movies with white role models involved, there were some heroic white people in the CRM (like Andrew Goodman and Michael Schwerner, the civil rights workers who were clearly risking their lives and ended up losing them solely to help Black folk). But you can depict a positive white role model in a film and still depict the black folk well too. The black folk in Mississippi Burning were like a fukking afterthought to the writer/director, as if they had jack shyt nothing to do with the Civil Rights Movement at all and were just silent witnesses getting brutalized by white racists until the "good white folk" came to town.

Even the portrayal of the white people in the movie is cartoonish. There are good white people and bad white people in the film, and 90% of white viewers are going to immediately identify with the "good white people". The good white people hardly have any flaws and the bad white people are just cartoonish bad guys. An actually challenging movie would have created "good" white characters and then had them supporting the racists, to show how pervasive the racism was in Mississippi at the time.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!

Different strokes for different folks. :manny: