Missouri School Board Votes To Remove Black History Classes

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
You're making my head hurt with this dumbass retort, so I'll just say this:

I am primarily interested in empowering black people, with voting and civic education being a significant PART of a larger political strategy. I am not interested in casting pearls before swine.

It is a waste of time and resources to convince an all white, conservative school board to care about Black issues. Clearly, I have enough problems dealing with clowns like you.

But isnt that how democracy works, Majority rules?!?!:mjgrin: so what happens when YOUR group is not the majority...:sas2: you call me a clown but you wont accept the definitive flaw of democracy...

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
But isnt that how democracy works, Majority rules?!?!:mjgrin:

It's not that simple. No wonder you're on this #BothSides shyt. If this were as simple as "democracy=majority rules" we wouldn't be having this conversation. :mjtf:

so what happens when YOUR group is not the majority...:sas2:

Change can still be enacted if you're able to mobilize people at the right time. Supporters of the Civil Rights Movement were in the relative *minority* when the Voting and Civil Rights Acts were passed--why do you think that is?:mjtf:

you call me a clown but you wont accept the definitive flaw of democracy...

What's your alternative? :mjtf:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
It's not that simple. No wonder you're on this #BothSides shyt. If this were as simple as "democracy=majority rules" we wouldn't be having this conversation. :mjtf:

Change can still be enacted if you're able to mobilize people at the right time. Supporters of the Civil Rights Movement were in the relative *minority* when the Voting and Civil Rights Acts were passed--why do you think that is?:mjtf:

:mjgrin: then if it was so simple why was these folks able to fukk with black history so badly... it's because they was the majority right???

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
That's my point, that's the inherent flaw of democracy...:sas2:

No response. Just highlighting this for everyone to note that #BothSides has no solutions, just perpetual outrage and apathy.

In essence, you see this "inherent flaw" of democracy because you favor either authoritarianism or complete anarchy. I'm under no delusion that democracy is perfect, but by taking a fukking Political Science 101 course in college I know that democracy works better when more people participate.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
No response. Just highlighting this for everyone to note that #BothSides has no solutions, just perpetual outrage and apathy.

In essence, you see this "inherent flaw" of democracy because you favor either authoritarianism or complete anarchy. I'm under no delusion that democracy is perfect, but by taking a fukking Political Science 101 course in college I know that democracy works better when more people participate.

lol-jordan.gif

:mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline

U.S. NEWS MISSOURI BLACK HISTORY SCHOOL BOARD

Missouri School Board Votes To Remove Black History Classes​

The all-white school board voted 5-2 to stop offering Black history and literature courses.

Sebastian Murdock | HuffPost
By Sebastian Murdock

Dec 23, 2023, 04:04 PM EST

A Missouri school board that previously voted to rescind an anti-discrimination resolution has voted in favor of removing elective Black history and literature classes.

The seven-member Francis Howell School Board voted 5-2 Thursday night to stop offering Black History and Black Literature courses, which had been offered at the district’s three high schools since 2021, KSDK reported. All seven members of the board are white.

“Our students really wanted these electives,” Harry Harris, whose son is a student in the district, said during the board meeting. “Our families really wanted them and our teachers really wanted them. It’s important. It’s been great.”

In July, the conservative-led board revoked an anti-racism resolution that had been passed in 2020 following the police killing of George Floyd.

The resolution, which made a pledge to “speak firmly against any racism, discrimination, and senseless violence against people regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, immigration status, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or ability,” was removed from school buildings.

Both the resolution and the classes were targeted by five new members of the board who have all received the backing of the conservative political action committee Francis Howell Families, according to The Associated Press.

On its website, the Francis Howell Families PAC lists issues it’s concerned about, including “critical race theory” and “obscene books in your child’s library.”

During the board vote, members of the community, including resident Tom Ferri, spoke up to express their disagreement with the board’s decision.

“Tapping into a diverse talent pipeline would be a great way to slow attrition, but what diverse staff wants to work in a district waging culture wars?” Ferri asked.

nice to see people in the comment section agreeing that this is ridiculous